3 part login not working correctly

I'm trying to login to the Wells Fargo CEO site (https://wellsoffice.wellsfargo.com/portal/signon/index.jsp) and it won't autofill the Company ID (only the User ID and Password). I clicked on show web form details and it has saved the "COMPANY" field with the correct value, but it won't fill it when I visit the page.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 1.0.1 (1Password X) (Chrome)
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password Online

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@arcdigital: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Just as an aside, I've moved your post to the 1Password X category, since that's what you're using.

It sounds like you may have saved this login a long time ago, or perhaps created it by hand at some point. The good news is that I was able to easily save and fill a new login there with 1Password X, so you should be able to as well! Just follow these steps:

1. Load the login page: https://wellsoffice.wellsfargo.com/portal/signon/index.jsp
    2. Fill your login credentials into each field the way you want to save them
    3. Click the 1Password "keyhole" icon in the field and choose "Save in 1Password"
    4. Reload the page and try filling using 1Password X

Let me know if that helps! :)

• jackweirdy
    jackweirdy
    Community Member

I've had the same issue on aa.com and a few other sites that have custom web form fields. Does 1Password X not use the web form data in the same way?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@jackweirdy,

I was able to get things working on https://wellsoffice.wellsfargo.com/portal/signon/index.jsp by following brenty's steps above, so I tried the same thing on aa.com. Unfortunately, things aren't any better in 1Password X than they are in the 1Password extension that works with the desktop apps.

I've filed an issue to try to improve filling there. As an AA flyer myself, I know they've long made it difficult to sign in with 1Password, but hopefully we can get it working (and they don't change the form fields again). :)

ref: B5X-162

• jackweirdy
    jackweirdy
    Community Member

I managed to get it all working fine with the old browser extension after uninstalling 1Password X, I think I’ll just stay on that version for a while. Thanks for testing! Good to know it wasn’t just me.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Happy to help! And you've correctly noticed that there are in deed some differences between 1Password X and the 1Password extension. We took the opportunity to improve a lot of the filling logic, but there are still some rough edges. I'm sure it will get resolved in an update.

One of the cool things we have planned is to take advantage of the inline nature of 1Password X. For example, it may be possible in the future to select a field and tell 1Password X exactly what to fill there.

I'm excited to see how it improves. :)

This discussion has been closed.