Unable to unlock 1Password on iPhone

This discussion was created from comments split from: Touch ID no longer an option..

Comments

• OddyOh
    OddyOh
    Community Member
    edited November 2017

This happened to me too, although I didn't reset my iPhone. I got locked out of 1Password on my iPhone 7 Plus today for no reason. I still haven't managed to log back in, it seems my master password is no longer correct, it won't let me in. And I can't use Touch ID. Luckily I'm still logged in on my iPad and my Mac.

The thumbprint for selecting Touch ID on the 1Password login screen isn't there anymore, and my master password doesn't work. This is an iPhone 7 Plus with 11.1.1 with whatever version of 1Password was released yesterday.

Hope you can fix this! Was perfectly fine before the app update yesterday.

• OddyOh
    OddyOh
    Community Member

Update: Solved. Managed to unlock the iPhone 1Password app with an older version of my Master password. Then I was able to change it to match my Mac and iPad password. Still bizarre, but at least it works now.
    Always keep your old passwords handy, I guess.

• Hi @OddyOh

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you were able to get this resolved. If you’re syncing with any other source besides a 1Password.com membership it is possible (likely) that your Master Password changes will not sync across your devices especially if you routinely use Touch ID or similar to unlock 1Password.

Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.