1Password 4 or 1Password 6 for Windows 10?

Options

I'm a long time user of 1Password and am currently running 1Password 4 on Windows 10, and the latest versions of 1Password on Mac and iOS. I'm confused as to what is the latest version for Windows 10. I don't run 1Password Teams and don't want to go to the subscription model. Do I stuck with 1Password 4 on Windows?

My problem is on Windows, it's taking much longer for 1Password to unlock and fill in website fields. It's too slow. I hear the problem is because I'm using OPVault, which was/is the recommended file type to use. Any advice?

1Password Version: 4.x
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• c_shaw
    c_shaw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @tiantai,

The latest version of 1Password for Windows is version 6 which currently only has true support for 1P accounts. That said; a subscription account comes in two variants:

Single user: US$2.99 per month
    Family: US$4.99 per month (up to 5 users)

https://1password.com/sign-up/

I recommend you take into consideration the vast performance improvements and feature additions that came with 1Password 6 as they make the user experience that much better overall.

If you do want to go down the route of getting a subscription you can follow the instructions in the link below to migrate your data across.

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

If you still don't wish to go down this route you will need to stay on 1Password 4 until an upgrade path is available to 1Password 6.

Hope that helps.

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the info. I’ll wait for an update for the standalone version.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tiantai,

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

C_Shaw is right here: if you prefer local vaults, you should stick with 1Password 4 for the time being, as 1Password 6 for Windows is focused on our 1Password membership accounts. We are planning to bring the local vaults support back in 1Password 7 for Windows, but there is no ETA at this point.

As for the performance of 1Password 4 on your PC, please create a Diagnostics Report from there, so we could take a look at what is going on:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Suapport ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Greg. When I get to the office (where the Windows machine is), I'll send the diagnostics report.

• sjordi
    sjordi
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for providing a fix for 1Password4
    Since I converted to opvault, 1Password desktop on my windows is barely usable.
    It takes about 1min before you can do anything at launch.
    Then if you search for something, good luck. Type a few letters and just wait. Good for coffee though.
    I 1,400 entries (only?)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sjordi: Could you please also send us a diagnostics report, so we could take a look at what is going on there? The instructions can be found above. Please remember not to post your report in the forums.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I emailed Support in the morning. Hoping to hear back soon :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tiantai: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: WFB-25436-676

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty, thanks. Yes, I did receive an email response.

I'm looking forward to 1Password 7 for both Windows and Mac. My understanding is that for Windows, it'll update support for local vaults. (I do not want to go with the subscription model.)

• @tiantai: That's correct! I can't wait either. While 1Password 4 has served our customer quite well over the years, I'm excited to be able to focus more on a single app on Windows. We can do so much more when we're not worrying about two different sets of code and I'm so excited to see what the development team will do with 1Password 7 for Windows -- both at release and later on down the road. :chuffed:

• tiantai
    tiantai
    Community Member
    Options

Indeed! Hopefully it'll be out by January 2018. The current 1Password 4 for Windows is not very usable any more -- very slow.

• MikeT
    edited November 2017
    Options

We can't promise when it'll be out, we want to get it right but you can keep track of our progress by checking in on our update history here. The first 1Password 7 beta would show up there.

This discussion has been closed.