How do I change the vault picture and color of a secondary vault?

Options
vaarkamp
vaarkamp
Community Member

I saw on the forum that in 2013 and 2015 this same question was asked and answered with the answer: "It is not available at this moment but I'll mention in to the developers. This is a frequently asked feature."

Now it's 2017 and I'm wondering if the developers have already built this feature and how I am able to do this. :chuffed:

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.13.1
Sync Type: iCloud & Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Changing a vaults picture after creation

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @vaarkamp -- no, you haven't missed anything; we've just been busy with a lot of other things since that time. I would describe this as still in the "someday" list -- in other words, it's not something we're never going to do, but not something that's urgent enough to crowd out the rest of what's on our plate right now.

This feature is already available - to a degree - in 1password.com accounts; if you have a 1Password account, you can click Manage on any vault you have management capabilities for, and edit the default "keyhole" vault icon to any other image you like, though it will still have our standard blue ring around the outside.

• vaarkamp
    vaarkamp
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Lars ,

Thank you for you quick response!
    It's a pity that it's not implemented yet. It's understandable that it's not a priority item.

Than I'll just create a new vault when I need to change the icon.

Have a great day!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You’re most welcome, on behalf of Lars.

Creating a new secondary vault with your preferred name/icon/color, moving items to the new from old (and deleting the old when that's successful), then optionally configuring syncing for the new vault is the recommended workaround … as you already know. :)

Have a great day and weekend, @vaarkamp!

This discussion has been closed.