To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1password

Options
Suheilg1
Suheilg1
Community Member

I recently switch phones and I use iCloud to retrieve all my info. I don’t understand why the app now is asking me for a key password . I’ve always use a master code . I hope I didn’t lose all that data. Please help

Comments

• Suheilg1
    Suheilg1
    Community Member
    Options

I’ve done this backups many times and I never had any problems till now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017
    Options

@Suheilg1: It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

ref: CQH-88588-266

• Suheilg1
    Suheilg1
    Community Member
    Options

I only had the app in this phone. I don’t have the app in any other device therefore does that mean I lost the data?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Suheilg1: Indeed, we won't be able to help you recover your data, as we never have access to it. If you don't have it stored anywhere else, you will need to start over. There just isn't any way around that. But if you'll let me know what you have to work with, I'll be happy to help walk you through things.

Did you backup your 1Password data at some point?

https://support.1password.com/backups/?ios#you-can-also-create-and-restore-backups-of-local-vaults

Did you copy it to other devices, or sync it somewhere?

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Let me know and we'll go from there.

• Suheilg1
    Suheilg1
    Community Member
    Options

I backed up using my iCloud account and no I never synced it to any other device. When I got my new phone, I got all my info back including the 1password app like I have done before only that this time the app asked me for a key. Before it was email and my password. Thank u

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Suheilg1: The iTunes/iCloud backup and restore process is not always reliable and sometimes does not restore all data. This is part of why we include a backup/restore feature in 1Password itself. If you really do not have your data anywhere else, you could try restoring from your iCloud backup again if you have not overwritten it already. But even that is not guaranteed to work. We just don't have any control over iCloud. Only Apple does. If you're seeing the Welcome screen in 1Password, it has no data; it's just an empty app, installed fresh from the App Store. :(

This discussion has been closed.