How to only have authenticate my home device once rather than overtime I want use safari?.

Options
pchat
pchat
Community Member

How to only have authenticate my home device once rather than overtime I want use safari? Everytime I use Safari on my MacPro using OS Version 10.12.6 I have to authenticate. This is my home Mac and I am the only user but I have to stop what i am about to do and authenticate. How can I do this only one time and then not do it the next time?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to only have authenticate my home device once rather than overtime I want use safari?.

Comments

• @pchat: I'm not sure I'm fully following the problem you're encountering. Are you seeing the prompt to authorize Safari with 1Password more often than you feel you should? Are you having to frequently unlock the 1Password extension? Some more detail would be helpful in pointing you in the right direction. Thanks! :chuffed:

• pchat
    pchat
    Community Member
    Options

I have left that issue and progressed to another one that is having me consider that 1PW support folks only follow their own script. I am trying to use 1PW on my MacPro; my MacBook Air and my iPhone. I want one common way that also shares PW. I was told 1 PW would solve this but since there is no way to speak with someone the directions I get are meaningless to me. For example I have 1PW on two devices. Support tell me to "examine" them and decide which is the prime AP. But I was never told what to look for or how to analyze it. they consider users like me to be very computer savvy . The greatest problem I have with 1PW is that I need to speak with a senior IT guy who can interpret what I am being told. My question now is should I recommend 1PW as the solution to our numerous PW issues. They are in Canada so calling them is not an issue but they refuse to give a number to call at any price.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pchat: If you think Kate's and Daniel's replies were from a script, I don't know what to tell you. You didn't provide much information here besides "Safari" and "macOS 10.12.6", so Kate asked some questions to get a better sense of what you were trying to do and the issue you were having. That's going to be necessary whether over the phone, via email, or at a coffee shop: we need to know specifically what you need help before we can help you, or we'll all be on a wild goose chase together. We don't have a call center, and the information Daniel requested would be impossible to transmit via voice anyway. But you told him you were no longer having trouble. That and you post here are the last we heard from you about two months ago, so we don't have a better sense of how we can help you now than we did then I'm afraid.

Could you please clarify what you're seeing when you're having trouble? As Daniel suggested, take a screenshot. No one has instructed you to "examine" anything. We'll be happy to look and analyze it for you. But we cannot tell you what to look for if you don't tell us what you need help with.

To include a screenshot in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Alternatively, you can reply to Daniel's last message if you prefer to communicate via email. Either way, we're here to help if you'll just let us know more about your situation. Looking forward to hearing back from you! :)

This discussion has been closed.