Any way to see an icon on the fields or visual clue that 1password is able to fill?

Options
Malakof
Malakof
Community Member

Hi guys,

More generally, how do you know 1password have information when you are on a website without pressing cmd-`? I see no visual indicator on toolbar icon as well...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Malakof: With 1Password for Mac, you can click the extension icon and it will display any matches for the site you're on at the very top o the list. As for an icon indicator, this is a feature of 1Password X and it's certainly possible features like this could come to the desktop apps as well.

That said, our general philosophy is not to interfere with what's displayed on the page. Cmd - \ (or whatever your fill shortcut might be) is really the epitome of what I envision 1Password to be. It's there, in the background, making your life easier without ever demanding your attention in any way. It's almost like magic and, well, just works. While I love seeing 1Password X's cute little icon when I'm using Chrome, I'm not sure I'm ready to lose that magic just yet, but perhaps I'll be convinced after using it for a time. :chuffed:

• Malakof
    Malakof
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

thanks fo the answer, 1 password X is available for chrome only, right? And the cmd-`doesn't work anymore, it's one or another i guess?

• @Malakof: 1Password X is Chrome-only for now, but we do look forward to being able to expand it to other browsers in the future. As for the shortcut, that will only open the menu you see when you click the icon for now. 1Password X is just a little 1.0 released just this week, so this is only the beginning for it. We have a lot of big ideas about what to do next so expect it to do more as it grows up (and for some of that more to make its way to the desktop apps over time). :+1:

This discussion has been closed.