access my.1password.com Page without further enter password

telephoneman
telephoneman
Community Member
edited November 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

Guys, I just got somehow from the X-Extension into 1password.com Webpage already logged in. Thats cool - But don't find it again. How to access my 1password.com account from extension without any further need to enter credentials? Cause the Extension in combination with my.1password.com page "feels" almost like the full blown full client version (Apart from WiFi Sync, Dropbox etc - thats not meant here)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

I found the way i went before - but thats a bit strange - Go to any item in X-Extension and click "Edit". Please add somewhere a "button" to direct access 1password website.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The goal is to include more and more functionality directly in 1Password X. In the meantime, there are some tasks that are still handled on the 1Password website (like editing items).

Rather than just adding a button that opens the 1Password website, could you help me understand what problem you are trying to solve? Maybe there is a more obvious solution once we know that. :)

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    edited November 2017

@khad simply reveal a password, change another and create a new one
    Also access documents which are loaded into 1Password.

Comment to "In the meantime, there are some tasks that are still handled on the 1Password website (like editing items)." - I don't want to have all the rich client features in the tiny Plugin-Window (thats too small)

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@telephoneman,

I don't want to have all the rich client features in the tiny Plugin-Window (thats too small)

We'll see how we can best make it all work as we improve 1Password X. Editing, for example, would be the same as in 1Password mini (in the Mac and Windows apps). You could always visit the 1Password website instead of editing in 1Password X if you preferred. But nothing is set in stone. :)

reveal a password

change another

and create a new one

Also access documents

Got it. :+1:

We've got a lot more work to do to make this 1.0 release even better in the future, and it helps to know what's important to you. Thanks for the feedback on this!

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

I know - thats why I am just asking for a short cut in the extension to load the website as "Single sign on" (no need for enter password)

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

@telephoneman: Since users can have multiple accounts (some possibly using the same sign-in address), we need context for which account needs to be signed in. It's super simple for us to know which account you want to sign in to when you click an edit button since we know which account that item is stored on. However, you can sign in to your account automatically by activating 1Password, clicking the vault selector (top left corner), and then clicking the Admin button next to your account.

The only way we could make this faster is by possibly adding to the 1Password context menu or adding a button to the main UI. Both of these methods would still require context for the account, which means it wouldn't be faster for anyone with more than one account.

I hope that helps, but let me know if that doesn't work for you.

--
    Andrew Beyer (Ann Arbor, MI)
    Lifeline @ AgileBits

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

Hello @beyer - yes that helps :) Have a good day

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You too! Thanks again for the feedback. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.