Latest Update Annoyance: "Unlock 1Password to save this Login"

grivenson
grivenson
Community Member

How do I make this go away? I found information in a forum which basically says to uncheck all of the boxes in preferences>autofill. I want and use autofill regularly and don't want to do that. What I don't want is the continually annoying popup asking me to unlock 1password. Help Please

1Password Version: 6.0
Extension Version: 6.3
OS Version: OS El Capitan 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@grivenson: You're using an incredibly old version. There is no "version 6.3" of the extension; what you have is around version 3. And if you're really running version 6.0 of the 1Password app, that's almost two years old now. Don't do anything yet, but check this for me first: Do you have all of your data inside the main 1Password app?

• grivenson
    grivenson
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty. Yes, I do have all of my data in the app. The version info doesn't seem correct. Here's what I've got:
    1Password 6
    Version 6.8.4 (684001)
    AgileBits Store

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@grivenson: Ah, that's good! Thank you! You do have the current version of 1Password for Mac. We just need to get the extension sorted. :)

Glad you have everything in the app, because we need to get rid of that old extension. Please do the following:

1. Open Safari
    2. Go to Preferences (⌘ ,) > Extensions
    3. Select 1Password on the left
    4. Click Uninstall on the right
    5. Install the latest version of the extension from Apple: https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C
    6. Authorize 1Password to connect to Safari: https://support.1password.com/browser-authorization/

That should do it. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• grivenson
    grivenson
    Community Member

This seems to have worked just fine Brenty. Thank you for your assistance!

• Thanks for the update @grivenson. This was a total blast from the past! I haven't seen that screen in years. I'm not sure how you got on so long with such an old version of the extension! In any event, I'm really glad to hear that Brenty was able to help you get it sorted. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.