Importing .pif file

Options

Using agilekeychain and trying to swith to OPVault. Followed agilebits instructions. Exported to .pif file. Created new OPVault. Opened OPVault. Started import from .pif file. Every time, the import would start and then I'd get a "not responding" error. Some items were created in the new vault, but only so far as the "not responding" error occurred; i.e. if it stopped responding at 200, that's all the items that were imported. Tried reinstalling 1P4, tried repairing vault, tried restarting, tried cursing, even tried jumping up and down; but nothing worked. Any ideas on how to get this to function correctly?

1Password Version: 4.2.6.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @SecretSquirrel: Generally, I wouldn't advise using OPVault with 1Password 4, especially if you have a larger vault. 1Password 4 wasn't built with OPVault in mind and can actually be a bit slower when using OPVault. In all other circumstances, OPVault is far and away the better choice, but 1Password 4 just doesn't work as well with it. With 1Password 7 on the way, that would be a better and more seamless time to make that switch, if you're willing to wait (and planning to upgrade).

That said, it's up to you if you'd like to switch anyway and, if so, I'd recommend exporting to several 1PIFs in batches keeping the number of items in each export below 200. Rather than exporting ALL items, select a handful by selecting one item, then Shift + Clicking one down the list to select all in between the two, then export only selected items. Repeat as needed. I know this is a pain, but 1Password 4 just doesn't cope well with larger vaults and this is only made more obvious when importing, which is one of many reasons I'm excited for 1Password 7 to get here. :blush:

• @SecretSquirrel: It will support standalone vaults and will be able to sync with other devices, but exactly how syncing will work is still a work-in-progress. 1Password 7 is being built on the foundation of 1Password 6 so everything standalone vaults is starting from square one. This is awesome in many ways as it allows us to start with a blank slate and get things working exactly as we'd like without any legacy baggage to worry about, but it does mean we're a bit slow with the details. I hope we'll be able to share some more details in the not-too-distant future as everything comes together. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.