Feature request - password expiration reminder

Options
acolvin44
acolvin44
Community Member

I'm a sysadmin and use 1Password to keep track of logins for various servers and other devices. Many of those accounts have password aging settings that will expire the password after a certain number of days. It would be nice if 1Password had the ability to add an attribute for a login that told how long before it expires (30, 60, 90 days, etc). From there, I'd love to have a view of expiring passwords or a notification that the password was going to expire - similar to the security audit functionality that currently exists.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @acolvin44

Thanks for the feedback. :)

For right now it may be helpful to tag these items with their expiration date. It isn't quite as smooth as an integrated feature specifically tailored to handling password expiration, but it may help until/unless we're able to implement something like that.

We appreciate the suggestion!

Ben

• acolvin44
    acolvin44
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks...that's a good idea!

• Ben
    Options

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. ;) Thanks!

Ben

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. :wink:

:lol:

• jjdahl
    jjdahl
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to second the request for a password expiration reminder feature. The tagging concept doesn't work for me. When I enter the tag as 11/14/18 it creates three levels of tags 11

• Ben
    Options

@jjdahl

Indeed, that format is used by tags for sub-tags. I use dates like 2018-09-16. But thank you for the feedback. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.