Can't install old version [can get it from App Store purchase history]

Options
georgegmd
georgegmd
Community Member
edited November 2017 in iOS

I had the older version installed and it worked fine. Unfortunately, I had to restore the ipad to new and the old version was wiped out!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9.3.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I restored my iPad running IOS 9.3.5. I need the version that will install on it, the new one won't

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@georgegmd: You can install it from your purchase history in the App Store:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272#apps

That will give you the latest compatible version. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mikedashgdotnet
    mikedashgdotnet
    Community Member
    Options

Hot diggity dog that's the help I needed!

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update! If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• mintdorset
    mintdorset
    Community Member
    Options

I have downloaded 1Password on my iPhone which runs iOS 11.1.2. I cannot download it onto my iPad which runs 9.3.5. I assume the versions ate not compatible. Si is there no way I can sync between these with 1Password?

• pedromendonca
    pedromendonca
    Community Member
    Options

This is great news, I was looking exactly for this iOS 9.3.5 issue, worked like a charm.
    Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

You’re welcome!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mintdorset: I've merged your post with the existing discussion on this topic. Please see my post above for information from Apple about how to download the old version which is compatible with your device. Cheers! :)

• ajdimac
    ajdimac
    Community Member
    Options

I also cannot download a version compatible with IOS 9.3.5. I get the message that the version is not compatible with this iPad. Is this an App Store issue?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ajdimac: Correct. As mentioned above, the App Store will not let you "purchase" an app which is not compatible with your device. The only way to install the latest compatible version on an outdated OS/device is through your App Store purchase history; it will need to have been purchased already in order for that to work.

This discussion has been closed.