after mac OS update license not for mac

Options
p7willm
p7willm
Community Member

I was running fine on my Mac then I updated the OS and 1password would only open a trial I had long ago so I popped the add a license panel, got my email and secret key form https://my.1password.com/profile, copied them over, and hit enter. I get an error box containing "This is not a 1Password for Mac license. Please verify you copied the key from your 1Password for Mac purchase and not another product."

The profile page I copied from lists the mac as 1 of 4 authorized devices, "peter’s iMac
macOS Sierra
Lansdale, United States

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@p7willm: 1Password.com accounts do not use licenses. When you setup the app, just choose "1Password.com" on the Welcome screen and sign into your account. That authorizes the app and gets you your data — there is no step 2. :)

• p7willm
    p7willm
    Community Member
    Options

It is working fine now. Only read on if you are interested in what happened.

My question was not about 1password.com, that is working fine. Here is what happened in a bit more detail.

I was using the 1password extension in Chrome. I updated the operating system.

Now clicking on the icon in Chrome does nothing.

OK, now things are different. When I opened the 1password application it took my password and now the application is working. With the application working the Chrome extension sis working.

Don't know what happened last night but it is all fine now.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It is working fine now. Only read on if you are interested in what happened.

Oh, you know how to rope me in! Glad to hear it's working, and definitely interested in the details! :glasses:

My question was not about 1password.com, that is working fine. Here is what happened in a bit more detail. I was using the 1password extension in Chrome. I updated the operating system. Now clicking on the icon in Chrome does nothing. OK, now things are different. When I opened the 1password application it took my password and now the application is working. With the application working the Chrome extension sis working. Don't know what happened last night but it is all fine now.

Thanks for letting me know! It sounds like something hadn't finished updating and/or starting up there. Happy to hear it's sorted out now.

I also want to apologize for misunderstanding your original comments. It sounds like you should be all set, but if you need anything else please let us know. We're here for you! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.