Need a hint what to try or to buy.

Options
Erdbeerlimes
Erdbeerlimes
Community Member
edited November 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi at all .... my name is Stephan and i am 49 years old and this is my first post in this forum.

I am really sorry for that maybe silly question:

First of all i use 1Password on my iPad , i bought the pro version too. My problem now is i want to use 1Password on my PC too but i do not want to sync the database over agilebits , i only want to sync over my private local wlan network at home.
I read the local wlan sync is not possible with 1password 6 , but it will works with 1password 4.Is the version 4 under support ?

So now my real important question :

What is needed to buy a standalone version or a monthly subscribe solution to solve my problem , i want to use the database from my ipad on my pc , and i want to sync them over my private wlan network. ( is that supported and possible?)

And another sorry for my rusty school english .... ^^

Have a nice time .... Greetings Stephan

1Password Version: 7.0.3 pro
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS11
Sync Type: not yet

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Erdbeerlimes: Thanks for reaching out! 1Password 4 is no longer being sold since it isn't under development any more. We're working toward 1Password 7, which will support local vaults, so you can wait for that (though I couldn't tell you when it will be finished), or use 1Password 6 with a 1Password.com membership now.

So while the specific solution you're asking for is not available right now, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

And most importantly, you don't have to use local sync to protect your data. It is end-to-end encrypted, so 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect it. So, unlike most cases in life, you really can have it both ways: the convenience of seamless syncing (not having to do it manually only when you're home) with the security of 1Password — and with 1Password.com you have the additional protection of the Secret Key, which is also used to encrypt your data along with your Master Password.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.