LG account and mobile account not linked

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited November 2017 in 1Password in the Browser

I am uncertain where to start with this issue that I am having as I registered an LG account and downloaded the LG SmartThinQ app. The support and app email appears to be unrelated?

App email login is directed to : https://sg.m.lgaccount.com/ This is from iOS. Android, which I haven't downloaded that app, would look different again.

Using the same particulars for mobile and the desktop support site leads to a login failure in the iOS App.

While the support site is : https://lg.com/sg/support/my-lg/login

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Hmm. I'm not sure I understand how 1Password is involved. Are you having trouble saving a login there using the 1Password iOS extension? One thing that might help is, if you need to use the same login credentials for both sites, save both URLs in that login. Otherwise 1Password will not match for both, as the domains are different. Does that make sense?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

I may have been mistaken into thinking as previously when I use Skype it now only redirects to Microsoft login SSO. LG has their main site for support and their LG Accounts as separate domains.

What's confusing is the way they worded it:

"Not a member yet?
    Enjoy your product to the fullest :
    Maximizing your LG product experience with helpful information about all your registered products

Let LG know how to reach you
    Managing your customer profile so LG knows how and when to communicate with you

Everything in one location
    A single account that allows for various interaction with LG"

But it's different from the SmartthinQ site.

Android only allows one URL, the first one.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, thanks for clarifying. Indeed, 1Password for Android doesn't support multiple URLs in a single login yet, but we're working on adding that. In the mean time you could use two logins, one for each site, if you need to access those on your Android device regularly.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

My use of the Android phone is minimal as I am waiting for Oreo to appear!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

This discussion has been closed.