I had my iphone 6S stolen, how do I restore 1password

Max_Hall
Max_Hall
Community Member

I have only used 1password on that devise, and the only place I back it to itunes on my mac.
I have now got a iphone 6 as replacement, and it now wants me to Sync existing vault
via iCloud, Dropbox or wifi. I have never logged onto 1password any other way than through my phone.
What do I do?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:iphone stolen

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Max_Hall: Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we won't be able to help you recover your data, as we never have access to it. If you don't have it stored anywhere else, you will need to start over. There just isn't any way around that. But if you'll let me know what you have to work with, I'll be happy to help walk you through things.

Did you backup your 1Password data at some point?

https://support.1password.com/backups/?ios#you-can-also-create-and-restore-backups-of-local-vaults

Did you copy it to other devices, or sync it somewhere?

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Let me know and we'll go from there.

• Max_Hall
    Max_Hall
    Community Member

Many thanks for your reply.
    Unfortunately I did not back it up anywhere other than my Mac via iTunes. I honestly thought I was good with that.... my error.
    Also, only ever used it on that one device...Guess I have to start again but what a massive inconvenience, so many passwords lost :-(

• I’m sorry to hear that @Max_Hall. The only other thing I could suggest would be to attempt restoring the same backup a second time. Believe it or not we’ve had reports from customers that restoring a backup through iTunes didn’t restore their data the first time, but did the second time. I suppose it may be worth a try. Unfortunately I can’t make any promises. The unreliability of the iTunes backup process is the reason we implemented backups in 1Password itself.

Ben

• Max_Hall
    Max_Hall
    Community Member

OK, thanks Ben, I will give it a try.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It isn't guaranteed to work, but I've had some luck with that in the past myself. Here's hoping! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.