To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

How do you delete your account without your Master Password?

Options
lwesley
lwesley
Community Member

I signed up for the free trial of 1Password about a month ago. Unfortunately, my TouchID has been disabled and it's not accepting my Master Password. I have tried to enter it in every way I could think of. Long story short, I cannot get in.

I will have to create a new 1Password account. How do I delete my old 1Password account without my Master Password so that I won't be automatically charged the monthly fee?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lwesley: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Just to clarify, you will only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. If you need help deleting that, please shoot us an email at support@1password.com from your registered address.

If, however, you've been using the standalone 1Password app — without a subscription — none of that applies. You can start over at any time, but keep in mind that will mean losing all of your data. Do you have it stored anywhere else?

• lwesley
    lwesley
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for responding! I don't have an official 1Password membership yet. I'm still on my 30 day trial and have been using the standalone 1Password app.

I don't have the data stored any where else unfortunately. I do have my phone automatically back-up its data everyday, so I suppose that the 1Password data might be there. But, that won't be of any use to me unless I can figure out my Master Password. Sadly, I'm going to have to start over and lose all my data.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lwesley: Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry to hear that. Even if your 1Password data is backed up with your device (I wouldn't count on it though), your Master Password would still be needed to decrypt it (there's no way to extract it from an iCloud backup though).

This isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly, but please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

If that doesn't help though, you can start over from scratch in the app:

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

I'd definitely recommend a 1Password.com membership going forward, since it includes everything — automatic backup, all the apps, and many other benefits...but if you decide to continue using the standalone app, be sure to backup your data yourself. And either way, we're here if you have any questions at all!

This discussion has been closed.