Sharing to a vault you are not a member of

Hi,

We have some passwords that, need to be shared between multiple teams. We break vaults here down so each team has their own vault for any notes or information which needs to be shared between them. This isn't a problem when the person sharing the password from vault A to vault B is only a member of vault A. They cannot 'see' vault B to copy the item over.

Is there a way team members can copy items to vaults they can't see?

Cheers,
Meagan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @meagan_todd,

We don't have a way for you to share it with an arbitrary vault, but if you're on the Pro plan of 1Password Teams and have the beta features enabled, you should be able to "Send a Copy" of the item to someone else. By doing so, a copy will appear in that user's Personal/Private vault, and they could then move it into the vault that it belongs to. It's a bit of a roundabout way of going about this, but it might just work for you.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• meagan_todd
    meagan_todd
    Community Member

Hi @rickfillion

We are Pro Early Adopters but I can't see where to check if beta features are enabled, and if they are not turn them on. Can you point me in the right direction please?

Cheers,

Meagan

• @meagan_todd : you can check that by going to Settings in the sidebar, then choosing Beta up top.

Rick

• meagan_todd
    meagan_todd
    Community Member

Thanks, I'll check with the team to see it that resolved their issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2017

Great! You can also go right there when signing into your Pro admin account using this URL:

https://start.1password.com/settings/beta

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.