1PX + Vivaldi Browser: Almost There!

Options

Hi, just started trying out 1Password X, and am impressed! Kudos!

I'm using the Vivaldi browser (1.13.1008.32) (which is Chromium-based), and as far as I can tell, everything works as expected using the extension button pop-up.

What isn't working is the 1P button that is inserted in login fields on webpages. My mouse pointer changes to a hand when I hover over it, which suggests it's being recognized as a button, but clicking on it has no effect. I've disabled all other extensions and tried different websites (including Evernote as suggested in this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/84096/clicking-use-suggested-password-and-save-password-dont-do-anything-remove-screen-shader), but still see the issue.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1PX 1.2.0
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dmitri_t
    dmitri_t
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue for me. Same version of Vivaldi on Windows 10. Home Win10 is fully updated, work is probably lagging in everything but security patches, and the button inside password fields works for neither one.

• @froderick and @dmitri_t: Officially, 1Password X is only supported in Chrome itself, though it's great to hear much of it already works in Vivaldi. I know of at least one person on the team who will be pleased about this. I'm not sure myself whether we're at a point just yet where we'll be wanting to put more of a focus on tweaking for other Chromium-based browsers or not and I'm not likely to get a quick answer on the weekend, but I'll definitely drop the development team a note with a link to this discussions so they know what you're running into here so they can hop in with their thoughts. :chuffed:

• michal_k
    michal_k
    Community Member
    Options

I've also encountered this and I think that I can provide more information. While interacting with button in the logging field following errors are thrown:
    TypeError: Cannot read property 'sendMessage' of undefined at ot.componentDidMount (VM567 inline.js:formatted:2155) at commitLifeCycles (VM565 react-dom.js:formatted:1024) at c (VM565 react-dom.js:formatted:190) at k (VM565 react-dom.js:formatted:304) at Q (VM565 react-dom.js:formatted:355) at ed (VM565 react-dom.js:formatted:513) at fb (VM565 react-dom.js:formatted:491) at Object.updateContainer (VM565 react-dom.js:formatted:5474) at VM565 react-dom.js:formatted:3048 at Object.unbatchedUpdates (VM565 react-dom.js:formatted:596)
    and
    Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'sendMessage' of undefined at ot.onItemsLoaded (VM567 inline.js:formatted:2181) at VM567 inline.js:formatted:2149 at <anonymous>
    They point to following lines:
    chrome.tabs.sendMessage(this.props.untrustedTabId, {
    and
    nt || chrome.tabs.sendMessage(this.props.untrustedTabId, {
    so it seems that chrome.tabs gets resolved to undefined.
    I thought that maybe this info can help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@michal_k: Thanks for letting us know! I've passed this along to the development team. Hopefully we'll be able to support Vivaldi in the future once we've got some of the other work done on 1Password X for Chrome. Cheers! :)

ref: b5x-193

• froderick
    froderick
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, just an update to say that this feature (1P button inside login fields on webpages) is working now. Not sure if it's due to a Vivaldi (now at 1.13) or 1Password X (1.4.0) update, but either way, I'm loving this feature!

• Mitch
    edited January 2018
    Options

I'm so glad you noticed, @froderick. :) We made some changes a couple weeks ago to support the upcoming version of Chrome, and we took the opportunity to make sure that those changes benefited other Chromium-based browsers as well.

Just remember that none of us use Vivaldi full time, so please let us know if you run into any other strange behaviour so we can look into it for you. Hope you're enjoying 1Password X!

This discussion has been closed.