I've just opened new 1Password Account. What next for other devices?

Options
kennethbird
kennethbird
Community Member

I've just opened 1Password Account on a new Mac laptop. My iPhone and iMac have standalone 1Password apps syncing via Dropbox. To complete migration to 1Password Account I think I have to delete those apps and the associated Dropbox file. Then download new apps and sync with my new 1Password account. Is that correct?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @kennethbird! If you've already been using 1Password for Mac as a standalone app and syncing via Dropbox, first of all - thank you! :)

If you want to retain the data that is in 1Password on your iMac and iPhone, you'll need to transfer it over into your account vaults first and then do your deletion of Dropbox data. Here are the instructions for moving items between vaults, using either 1Password for Mac or 1Password for iOS. Once you've got all the data moved over that you want, then yes, feel free to delete old vaults and discard your Agile Keychain or OPVault in Dropbox.

To delete vaults from 1Password for Mac, select them in the vault menu (top left of the main window of 1Password), then choose the 1Password menu item > Delete (name of vault) vault. In 1Password for iOS, go to Preferences > Advanced > Erase all 1Password data. This will return you to an as-new user state, and you'll quit out to your phone's home screen. The next time you launch 1Password, just use your account credentials to sign in again, and you'll be all set with only your 1Password account vaults. Let us know if you have any troubles. Cheers!

• kennethbird
    kennethbird
    Community Member
    Options

So it sounds like I don't need to delete the app on either the Mac or my iOS devices, just reassign them to my new 1Password Account at Agilebits once the original vault is deleted. I transferred all my data to the new account when I registered so can delete straight away. Great stuff!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kennethbird - Thanks for the kind words; glad to hear you're loving your 1Password account!

This discussion has been closed.