I just set up a new mac and migrated my files. 1Pw Mini is missing

Options
Dave Creek
Dave Creek
Community Member

I just set up a new Mac and migrated my files from my old Mac. 1Pw Mini is missing. Where do I get it? I have shut down my Mac and restarted it but that didn't solve the problem.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I just set up a new mac and migrated my files 1Pw Mini is missing

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dave Creek Sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble here. I'm not entirely sure what may have happened, but assuming your migration worked properly, it might just be a case of not all the settings having transferred correctly. Can you launch the main 1Password for Mac application by double-clicking? If you can, do you see the mini in your Mac's menubar once you do that? If you are able to launch 1Password but still can't see the mini, try going to Preferences > General and making sure the top two boxes are enabled (Always keep 1Password mini running and Show mini app icon in the menu bar). If that still doesn't work, please restart your Mac, then relaunch 1Password. Let us know how that works for you.

• Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Lars! :) The two boxes (Always keep 1Password mini running and Show mini app icon in the menu bar) were checked. I tried unchecking and rechecking them and SUCCESS!

• Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, I spoke too soon. When I shut down 1Pw and restart it Mini is missing,

• Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member
    Options

Ah! the situation is worse than that. Actually as soon as i move my cursor Mini disappears.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Dave Creek Well, it was worth a try. Sorry to hear that didn't work for you. So you're actually able to see 1Password mini in your Mac menubar (not the browser) disappear just by moving your cursor? Do I have that right?

• Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member
    Options

Yep :'(

• Dave Creek
    Dave Creek
    Community Member
    Options

So I just did the obvious. I uninstalled 1Pw and reinstalled it. Everything works....I think

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

That's really odd, but I'm glad to hear that reinstalling helped. Thanks for the update. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.