Knox on MacOS High Sierra does not show recent Vaults anymore

Mark491Mark491 Junior Member

I've moved Knox 2.3.2 (234) to macOS High Sierra. All seems to work well, with the exception of the recent Vault list. I use Knox on the Menu bar and was used to having the recent Vaults listed for easy access.

Did anyone else experience this problem and can perhaps suggest a fix? Much appreciated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@Mark491: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Do you mean just the vaults in the menu? I'm not seeing that using either the Dock or menu bar:

Have you tried adding them in Preferences?

Let me know what you find!

• Mark491Mark491 Junior Member

Hi Brent,

Thank you for your response.

I mean the vault ‘quick access references’ in the menu. And you do see them, as your screenshots shows. Their names are “by” and “yb”.

I’ve tried to add my existing vaults via Preferences, but it seems I am only able to add a New Vault (see screenshot below).

I’ve also tried to trick the system by adding a new vault with the same name (first renaming the current vault), deleting the new vault again and renaming the current vault back to its original name, but this did not result in the needed reference. (It seems there is a deeper link between a created vault and the reference in the menu that I am unaware of.)

Your help is much appreciated…!

Kind regards, Mark

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member

@Mark491: Can you not drag a Knox vault to the white area in that window? That's what I did to create the screenshot I posted earlier. You should be prompted to enter the password so it can be mounted. Let me know if that helps!

• Mark491Mark491 Junior Member

Aah, yes. That was easier than I had expected. :-)

If you ever prepare an update, I suggest to add a sentence that Drag & Drop of existing Vaults adds them to the shortcut menu.

Many thanks & Have a nice weekend...!

• brentybrenty

AgileBits Team Member
    edited December 2

Glad that worked! We don't currently have any plans for Knox, but it continues to serve me well too. Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you have an awesome weekend yourself! :chuffed:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file