hi, how do I get 1Pass to work on my ipad pro?, works on my ip6 and iMac.

BrianMolitoris
BrianMolitoris
Community Member

iMac works fine,
ip6s works fine.
Ipad pro iOS 11.1.2

don't know what the "sign in Address" is..
don't know about a "secret key".
I really don't have time for this rabbit hole.

The password works, decrypts the crypt, SYNCH syncs 77 items,
no Logons or passwords/User ids appear anywhere.

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.4 (684000) Mac App Store
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: ios 11.1.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:hi, how do I get 1Pass to work on my ipad pro?, works on my ip6 and iMac.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

don't know what the "sign in Address" is..
    don't know about a "secret key".
    I really don't have time for this rabbit hole.

@BrianMolitoris: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In Address, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from Dropbox.

The password works, decrypts the crypt, SYNCH syncs 77 items,
    no Logons or passwords/User ids appear anywhere.

Could you please clarify what you're seeing? I'm not sure I understand how those 77 items you've sync'd are not your data. Please take a screenshot. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• BrianMolitoris
    BrianMolitoris
    Community Member

more rabbit hole....

Clearly, I didn't sign up for an account/Membership..
    " Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from Dropbox."
    Right.
    and how does one do that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BrianMolitoris: Well, you've already setup the app with something — not a 1Password.com account, so a local vault, either a brand new standalone vault or perhaps you sync'd one from Dropbox already. It's hard to say for certain not knowing exactly what you've done so far, but what do you see if you tap on the "file cabinet" icon for Categories on the bottom, shown in your screenshot?

• BrianMolitoris
    BrianMolitoris
    Community Member

Everything! thanks, don't know why this started up at the account set up screen, when its already set up, --your direction got me to where I should have been. Later

• Excellent. Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that resolved the issue. If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@BrianMolitoris: Just to clarify, that's just the Settings tab. 1Password for iOS will remember where you had it open to last each time you launch it, so if you leave it at Categories it will open to that next time. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.