I am seriously struggling with adding an additional computer to my account

Options

Long time customer...... I was signed up when there was just a one time fee and you didn't have to pay monthly. My desktop, lap top, and iphone are all working great by sharing my settings file via dropbox. I have a new laptop for work now that I have taken a management position and I cannot seem to get it working.

I downloaded the software but it wont let me do anything until i sign in. Problem is that when I go to sign in it expects additional information that I do not have. To make matters ever worse it wont allow me follow any of the instructions to find my secret key because step #1 to finding your secret key is to log in (which requires a secret key) I do not have a secret key, or if I do i don't ever remember having one. This should really be a LOT more simple than this. Am I missing something obvious? I have read three different methods to get a secret key and it does not appear that i have one. I also looked way back to my original purchase email and it shows a license key but not a secret key (they don't appear to be the same thing)

Thanks

Eric

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@erue: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It isn't possible for you to sign in at all without a 1Password.com membership. It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for that. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. Since you didn't include any of the requested information about what you're using I can't be more specific that that, but if you'll let me know some more details I'll be happy to help. :)

• erue
    erue
    Community Member
    Options

I was eventually able to figure it out on my own once I started using google to search your forums rather than the forums themselves. The problem was with the version of software. I needed to find and download 1Password4 rather than 1Password6. Version 6 requires a monthly subscription, and 4 is more basic. Once I downloaded version 4 and installed it, everything fell into place. Hopefully this post will keep someone else from making the same mistake. I nearly lost my mind after 2 hours of trying to get this machine setup!!!!

Eric

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update Eric. Since this is unrelated to a 1Password.com subscription membership I've moved it to our 1Password for Windows board.

Glad you hear you were able to find a solution. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.