Just got a new IPHONE X. We have a family license. How do I add 1Password to my phone?

Options
rayuss
rayuss
Community Member

I downloaded the 1Password App and it keeps asking me for a "key". We have a family licenses but don't know where to find the key. How do I get into my account on my IPHONE X. Our 1Password works great on my MAC Air, my husband's MAC Pro, and as well as our IPAD.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How do I setup 1 password to my new IPHONE X. We have a family license.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @rayuss,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

1Password for iOS does not use licenses. You'll note if you look on your license it'll either apply to 1Password for Mac, 1Password for Windows, or both, but never iOS or Android as those products are handled through entirely different stores (Apple's App Store and Google's Play Store, respectively).

With a license you do not have an account with us. Accounts come with 1Password.com subscription memberships. Without a membership you're using 1Password "standalone" and as such do not have an account. We do not store your data.

To set up a new device when using 1Password without an account you'd select the appropriate sync option under the "Already using 1Password" heading on the welcome screen. You may need to scroll down to see it:

Sync your 1Password data

You'll want to select the same option that you're already using on your other devices.

1Password.com membership eliminates a number of these complications... there is no more licensing to deal with, and syncing is as easy as signing in to your 1Password.com account. All of the latest versions of the 1Password apps are included. May be something worth looking into. :)

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.