Warning about insecure HTTP page is not localized

Hi!

I have found that the warning that is displayed when filling on an insecure web page (HTTP) is not localized. I'm using Swedish and it is displayed in English. I searched the translation project on Crowdin and found strings related to HTTP filling that were translated and approved, but they weren't identical to the ones actually displayed in the web browser, leading me to believe the strings on Crowdin are older, unused ones.

Can you please make the currently used strings available on Crowdin? The warning dialogue really sticks out being in another language than mini and the main app.

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.4 (684001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Xe997: Is this what you're referring to?

Warning: This page is insecure!
    Any information you submit on this page can potentially be seen by others. This login was originally saved on a secure page.
    Would you like to fill on the secure page?

I'm having trouble finding it myself, so I wonder if these strings are actually part of the extension rather than the app for some reason. We'll look into it.

• @brenty

they're part of the extension.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Ok, that makes sense, I tried in Firefox after trying in Safari and it presented a completely different UI when showing the message.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Xe997,

Currently the extension does not support localisation at all but that doesn't mean it shouldn't. For consistency alone it would be nice if that message was also localised. I've never looked into what options are available to the extension but even if it was the case that the extension alone cannot determine the current locale I can't see why we couldn't have 1Password help the extension out by passing the localised version of any text we wish to use. I can't make any promises but I do see where you're coming from and agree it would be worth doing when we can.

This discussion has been closed.