A request for AgileBits

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

It is apparent that Windows 10 is making its way in smart refrigeeators now. They are expensive, ranging from US$5000 to $6000.

I do hope 1Password won’t find its way to IoT?

Comments

• I'm not aware of any plans to develop 1Password for additional platforms at this time. If said refrigerators are running a version of Windows 10 that is capable of running one of our versions of 1Password... then more power to them. :tongue:

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi @Ben,

I think they are using ARM CPUs. LG in addition to using Windows 10, also has WebOS in TVs and some fridges.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

We don't currently have an ARM-capable Windows app, but who knows what the future will bring? I can't say I see the utility of running 1Password on a refrigerator, but then again I never thought I'd need 1Password on a watch either. :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

IoT is just a solution looking for a problem in my opinion.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You'll get no argument from me. :lol: :+1:

• Locking up the freezer to keep the kids from getting my ice cream all protected with my master password? hmmmmmm.......

• LOL! Now there is a use case if I’ve ever seen one. :wink:

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

LOL. The main use case is to help inventorise the fridge’s content so that it can help replenish food when stocks get Low. Nobody knows the duration of support. Dumb fridges are known to last up to 20 years.

• :+1:

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

And for diagnostic reporting. From Android and.iOS, doing remote temperature change etc. That is it from me. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Man, I have enough gadgets to micromanage already... :lol:

This discussion has been closed.