To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Forgot my Master password

Melissa1110
Melissa1110
Community Member

I began a trial membership yesterday, created a Master password but did not add any accounts. I tried to sign in today- unfortunately I didn’t write down my Master Password and what I thought was my pw is not working after many attempts. I tried to delete the app but it still recognizes my email address and I have only one of those to use. So I am not able to totally delete the app. Please help. There is absolutely no private information listed- did not get that far. Thank you.

1Password Version: I tr
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Forgot Master Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@Melissa1110: Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry to hear about the lost Master Password! For your privacy and security, your Master Password is known only by you. We cannot reset it for you and you cannot change it without entering the old one. And with a 1Password.com account, since the Secret Key is generated locally on your device and never sent to us, we don't have that either. If you haven't already, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

However, if you really don't have anything important there or are still not able to get in, we can help you with starting over at support@1password.com — just be sure that you save your Emergency Kit in a secure location in the future in case you ever need it.

ref: GZF-53485-921

This discussion has been closed.