To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

secret code [Only subscriptions have Secret Keys; AgileBits never knows your Secret Key]

Options
kchan899
kchan899
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Memberships

i just down load the 1Password and try to log in. it asks for secret code. how do i get that? I have the license

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i just down load the 1Password and try to log in. it asks for secret code. how do i get that?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kchan899

Customers that do not have 1Password.com subscription memberships do not have Secret Keys. Instead you’ll need to select the appropriate option from the welcome screen for your situation. Which option that is will depend on how you’re syncing your data on your other devices:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps!

Ben

• kchan899
    kchan899
    Community Member
    Options

I have 1password on my desk top but my computer crashed and lost all the data. I download the 1password again. when I tried to log in, it asked for username, secret code and Mastercode. I don't know how i can get back into my 1password without the secret code. I did not icloud etc. What else can i do?

• Ben
    Options

I’m sorry but if your computer was the only place that you stored your 1Password data and that is now inaccessible then unfortunately there isn’t anything we can do to recover your data. Without a 1Password.com membership we do not store your data.

You can select the “Create a standalone vault” option under “More options” on the welcome screen to create a new standalone vault.

Ben

• kchan899
    kchan899
    Community Member
    Options

i have the same one on my phone which was sync with the computer. Can i use it relog into my desk top one?

• kchan899
    kchan899
    Community Member
    Options

it is not the data that i am concerned. It is that I have the account for my desk top but I cannot log in

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@kchan899: When you say "same one", what are you referring to? Where do you have your 1Password data right now?

ref: WKB-56239-921

• kchan899
    kchan899
    Community Member
    Options

On my phone

• Ben
    Options

Great. If you’ve got your 1Password data on your phone then set up syncing, starting with your phone, and then set up the same sync option on your desktop:

Sync your 1Password data

Ben

• kchan899
    kchan899
    Community Member
    Options

I cannot log ln my desktop app to set up the sync since my original set up was gone. In the past , I click on 1Password, just type in master code. I am in and I can sync data. Now it need this secret code which I don’t have and you refuse to give it to me. I paid the desk top version and I paid the iPhone version. Now 1Password is not helpful. I am very frustrated. I am thinking switching app.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2017
    Options

You can’t select the “1Password.com account” option from the welcome screen as you do not have a 1Password.com account. Instead you need to select the sync option you want to use. If you’re using a Mac, see this screenshot:

If you’re using Windows you need to uninstall 1Password 6 for Windows and instead install 1Password 4 for Windows:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPW4

1Password 6 only works with a 1Password.com membership account, which again, you do not have.

I hope that helps!

Ben

ref: WKB-56239-921

• kchan899
    kchan899
    Community Member
    Options

Why can I get my desk top version back since I pai for it?

• kchan899
    kchan899
    Community Member
    Options

I have tried both sync using icloud and using dropbox. Since i did not store the app in either one, i cannot get to it in icloud or dropbox. However proceed?

• Ben
    Options

@kchan899,

As I mentioned above you'll need to set up syncing on the phone first in order to put your data on one of those services, so that then your computer can download it.

Also as I mentioned if you've currently got 1Password 6 for Windows installed you'll need to uninstall that and install version 4. The link to download version 4 is:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/download/OPW4

If you have further difficulty please let me know exactly what the difficulty is. Tell me all of the steps you've tried, where you are now, and why you cannot proceed further. If you get an error message I need to know the entire text of the error message (or you can post a screenshot, which would be even better: ▷ How to take a screenshot).

Thanks.

Ben

• kchan899
    kchan899
    Community Member
    Options

I have Mac, not PC. I cannot find older version of 1password to download

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kchan899: Thanks for letting us know you're using a Mac! You can find the app for download here:

https://agilebits.com/downloads/

Please be sure to download the appropriate version for the macOS you're using. I've also resent your license information via email.

However, to be completely clear, you won't have an account to sign in to unless you signed up for a 1Password membership in the last year or so, as they did not exist prior to that. We also won't be able to give you your data, as we never have access to it. If you don't have it stored anywhere else, you will need to start over. There just isn't any way around that. But if you'll let me know what you have to work with, I'll be happy to help walk you through things.

As Ben, mentioned above, you can sync your data from the iPhone to your computer:

Advanced sync options

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• kchan899
    kchan899
    Community Member
    Options
    1. I tried https://agilebits.com/downloads: This only allows me to download 1password 6 which I cannot log in.
    2. I have tried your email of license information. In this email, there are two link: 1) https://agilebits.com/downloads which is the same as above and 2) Click here to Apply Your 1Password License. I clicked on this link. It took me a link which stated:

License Details for karence chan

This page is unique to your license and should not be shared.

Name: my name
    Purchase Date: 2014
    Thank You!
    Your copy of 1Password should now be registered. If this did not happen automatically you can Click Here to Apply Your License.

When I click : Clink here to apply your license, It took me to a page provides 30 day trial and resend license with an email address to fill in. I submitted the email and the email I got was identical to the email you just sent.

Without logging in, I am not able to access 1password on my desk top to set up the sync.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kchan899: As Ben and I mentioned previously, unless you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership, you do not have an account. So you can either sign up for one and move your data there:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

In which case you'll be able to access your data by signing into your 1Password.com account on each device...

Or you can continue using 1Password without an account: Follow the instructions in the license email to register the app (it sounds like you may have done that already), and then sync your data yourself using one of these methods:

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/#advanced-sync-options

1Password.com memberships are the best way since everything is built-in, but it's up to you whether you choose that or not.

This discussion has been closed.