Keyboard shortcut not working in all browsers

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Keyboard shortcut for "Fill Login on current web page" not working.

Comments

• designsimply
    designsimply
    Community Member
    Options

I am having trouble as well. My keyboard shortcut for "Fill Login on current web page" is set to the default ⌘\ but does not work in all browsers. It works in Chrome 62.0.3202.94 on Mac OS X 10.13.1 but does not work for me using either Safari 11.0.1 or Firefox 57.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.13.1. My 1Password version is Version 6.8.4 (684001). Restarting doesn't help.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @designsimply,

Since that other thread was in reference to a bug we’ve long fixed I split your question into a new thread. This may seem like a silly question, but... do you have the 1Password extension installed in both Safari and Firefox? If you don’t you can grab them here:

1Password Browser Extensions

The extension needs to be installed in each browser you’d like to have 1Password fill in.

Ben

• SaxDaddy
    SaxDaddy
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for this post. I was researching why this was happening to me and ding, I was prompted to install the update. It's now working for me. Thanks you guys!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to hear it! There have been some pretty big changes in the browser landscape recently, so making sure you're on the latest version of that as well as 1Password and its extension will allow them to live in harmony. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.