Copy item from local folder to a vault does not work

I can not copy items from the local folder (the one that was used by older version of 1Password) to my personal vault anymore. I did use it in the past, it worked fine, but not any longer.

How can I fix this?

But please do not offer me to create items and copy-paste the details manually. I know that I could do it. My question is about having an app do it.

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Copy item from local folder to a vault does not work

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @courteouselk,

Thank you for reaching out and using 1Password!

Local folders were added in the previous versions of 1Password 6 specifically for migrating your local vaults into 1Password.com account without having to install the Dropbox client first. We've gotten rid of this because people thought this meant local vaults were supported but it wasn't. The full support for local vaults is coming to 1Password 7.

Could you please try to import all of your data from your local vault to your Personal vault in 1Password 6 and then get rid of of the former?

Let me know how it goes. I will be looking forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• courteouselk
    courteouselk
    Community Member

Thanks, @Greg, it helped. I created a separate personal vault and imported all legacy stuff in there (I do not want to pollute my active vault with things that I will probably never ever use again).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Totally! I'm glad Greg's tip helped. We're here if you have any other questions. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.