Logo animation nitpick

Options
SSteve
SSteve
Community Member

Ok, I know this isn’t a huge problem but it’s something that has bugged me for years and I have to get it off my chest. Before Touch ID, 1Password on iOS would show the logo in the center of the screen with the password box below it. After the user entered the password, the top half of the logo would go up and the bottom half of the logo would go down. Nice animation.

When Touch ID was implemented, the whole logo would slide up so it wouldn’t be behind the Touch ID prompt. So far so good. But after authenticating Touch ID, the logo then moves back to the center of the screen then the top half of the logo goes back up and the bottom half goes down. That extra movement (probably unreasonably) bugs me. The logo should just split from its position at the top of the screen. If you could ask your UX designers to revisit this animation it would make me so happy. Thanks.

That said, since this is my biggest complaint with 1Password, you’re obviously doing a great job as far as I’m concerned.

1Password Version: All since Touch ID
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: All iOS versions with Touch ID
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @SSteve! I’m very glad that this is your biggest complaint. :) I’ll pass the suggestion along to the design team for their consideration. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.