Mac and iOS

coulston2011
coulston2011
Community Member

I talked my 75 year old mom into downloading 1 password which I have been using for a long long time. She downloaded to iOS, her iPhone, and has spent hours inputting her passwords. Now she wants it on the Mac and wants to use iCloud to sync, like I do. Is it too late because she input into the iOS device first?

Comments

• Hi @coulston2011.

For this situation I’d highly recommend a 1Password Families membership, as that will give you more ability to assist your mother with 1Password. If, for example, she forgets her Master Password, you’d be able to help her reset it. This is not possible when using the standalone apps and syncing with iCloud. Additionally membership gives everyone on the account the ability to use all of the latest versions of all of our 1Password apps at no extra cost. Mom wouldn’t have to worry about paying upgrade fees to make sure she’s got the latest version.

You can read about some of the other benefits of membership here:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

That said, if you ultimately decide that using the apps without membership is preferable, you can read about how to do that here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

I’d highly recommend at least trialing 1Password Families before making the decision. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.