Ex just accidentally deleted the family account we shared and I was admin and billing contact on...

Options
cryptographrix
cryptographrix
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Families

...and I didn't even get an email about it, even though I was the admin and billing contact.

I opened 1password on my phone yesterday to log into many services I was setting up on my new laptop, and was greeted with "The following Vaults have been removed: (ALL OF THEM)".

So now I have no passwords.

How could this happen?

1Password Version: ...
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi @cryptographrix,

If you made her a Family Organizer then she has the exact same level of admin and billing privlages that you have (including the ability to delete the account).

Deleting an account “accidentally” would be pretty difficult. The area to do it is way at the bottom of the profile page, in an area outlined and marked “Danger Zone”:

Once someone taps the “Permanently Delete Account” option they need to read a disclaimer and type “I am sure” and finally hit “Delete Account”:

It doesn’t seem very plausible that this was done “accidentally.”

That said if you can please send us all of the details to support@1password.com we’d be happy to see what we can do to help. Thanks.

Ben

ref: XIU-35111-675

• cryptographrix
    cryptographrix
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have an issue with any of that.

What I'm amazed about is that as the person that created the account, had admin on it, AND was the billing contact, I didn't get an email when she did it.

Which was three days ago, and apparently the billing cycle ended with everything getting deleted yesterday.

• cryptographrix
    cryptographrix
    Community Member
    Options

Amazingly, nothing in the screenshot of that deletion message you linked specifies whether she was deleting her personal account (which is what she thought) versus the family joint-account.

To my point though, a simple email to the person that set it up and was paying for it would have addressed that though.

And yes, I know it sounds dumb, but her and I are very amicable and this was absolutely accidental.

Simple email. Send it when someone else does something serious on the account.

• cryptographrix
    cryptographrix
    Community Member
    Options

(Finally, her and I each have two support tickets open about this and haven't gotten a response yet.)

• Ben
    Options

Thank you feedback. I will file a request with the team to see if we can do something like that.

And yes, I know it sounds dumb, but her and I are very amicable

That doesn’t sound dumb at all. :)

We’ll be back with you via email as soon as we can. I apologize for the delay.

Ben

• cryptographrix
    cryptographrix
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you!

• Ben
    Options

You’re very welcome. It appears Laura is working with you by email, so we’ll continue the conversation there. :+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.