Second PC not recognizing my subscription

Options

I paid for the annual membership and successfully installed it on my first PC (Windows 7). I set up a few vaults and added a bunch of logins (I'm trying to migrate from Roboform). I then installed the app on my iPhone and immediately saw all of my vaults and logins. I then installed it on my second PC (Windows 10 but it doesn't even let me log in as the installation splash screen that asks me if I am (1) I am new (2) I have used it before or (3) if I want to restore. If I pick either 2 or 3 it asks me to direct it to a backup or something.

I don't want any of that. I simply want to log in and have it "see" the vaults I have created which I presume are stored somewhere in YOUR cloud. Am I wrong in how i am thinking about this?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Second PC not recognizing my subscription

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SummitRider: You're not wrong. It just sounds like you've installed the old version of 1Password for Windows on your PC for some reason. Please uninstall it and download the latest version from the Get the Apps page in your account:

https://start.1password.com/apps

All you need to do then is, as you expected, sign into your 1Password.com account to access your data there as well:

https://support.1password.com/add-account/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• SummitRider
    SummitRider
    Community Member
    Options

thanks for your reply. The desktop/system tray app seems to work fine. But i still have that problem when trying to use the Chrome extension. Any thoughts?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SummitRider: Can you elaborate? The 1Password browser extension connects to the main 1Password app. What is the problem you're seeing in Chrome? Can you tell me what version of the 1Password extension you have installed there?

• SummitRider
    SummitRider
    Community Member
    Options

i just downloaded the extension a couple of days ago. it shows version 4.6.12.90. when i click on it from the tool bar that splash screen pops up asking me if I am (1) I am new (2) I have used it before or (3) if I want to restore. If I pick either 2 or 3 it asks me to direct it to a vault for backup or something. It never asks for a login, etc. And I do already have the desktop app running. And if i want I can log into the website. So I don't understand why the chrome extension won't work or install properly.

• @SummitRider: Were the extension connecting to 1Password 6, those options wouldn't make any sense. Those are options I'd expect out of 1Password 4, so I suspect there are some remnants of an older version of the desktop app or an older extension lingering somewhere on your system. If you look at your installed programs list, do you see 1Password 4 for Windows there? If so, uninstall it, make sure Use Native Messaging for Chrome and Use Native Messaging for Firefox are checked in Settings > Options > Advanced in the 1Password 6 desktop app, restart Chrome and give it another try. If you're still having trouble, check your Chrome extensions list and look for any older versions of the 1Password extension. If you see any, uninstall them and (you guessed it), restart Chrome and give the extension another try. Let us know if these steps get the extension on board with everything else. :chuffed:

• SummitRider
    SummitRider
    Community Member
    Options

Bingo. both 4 and 6 were installed. I removed 4, rebooted, and everything seems to work.

THANK YOU

• @SummitRider: No problem at all! Glad you're up and running. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.