double items in desktop programm

Suddenly i have multiple double records in 1 password desktop version 4.6
i have also this app on iphone x, on my iphone it works great.
When i delete one of the two identical records, (does not matter which one i delete), it deletes also my record on my iphone.
How can i clean the double items in my list in the desktop tool? Is this a bug?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mcronald: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately without some basic information you omitted from your post it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me all OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, how are you syncing the data? Unless I'm misunderstanding, it makes sense that deleting an item on one device deletes it on the other if you've set it up to do so. Thanks in advance! :)

• mcronald
    mcronald
    Community Member

Hallo @brenty On my Iphone x i have 1 password version 7.0.3. On my Windows 10 computer (fully updated with windows updates i use 1 password version 4.6.2.626
    Setup is with Dropbox. I use my dropbox account where 5 vaults are storaged.
    So when ever i Create or delete or change a record in 1 password on my computer's 1 password or on my iphone,'s 1password it automaticly syncs that information to the datavault, which sincs automaticly with the other devices.
    But since let say 2 days, i opend my 1 password on my computer and noticed that 1 vault of my is containing many double items.
    So not every record is double but let 's say half of it's records are 2 pieces of it. Not on my iphone.
    Offcours i want only 1 specimine of each. How do i get this right. My other vaults do not have this problem, only my first vault. And again, 1password on my iphone contains (whats perfect) only 1 record of each creation.
    How can i fix this?

• @mcronald: That's a strange situation to be sure. It seems like your Windows app may be having some trouble reading the vault data from Dropbox. If you create a new test item on iOS, does this sync to Windows? Does it create a duplicate on the Windows side of things? The best solution may be to recreate that vault with the data you have on iOS, but it'd be best if we could get a better handle on when and how these duplicates are popping up before taking that step. Give it a try and let us know what you find out. Thanks! :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mcronald: All of this is handled by Dropbox, so it may be useful to monitor through the website. But one thing that can easily cause that is time/date/zone discrepancies between devices. It isn't something we can find in 1Password since Dropbox is doing all the syncing in that case, but hopefully that helps point you in the right direction. :)

• mcronald
    mcronald
    Community Member

I have just created a test item with my iphone. That item synchronized 1 time to my computers programma 1 password.
    So in this case, it's how it should be.
    So should i now recreate the vault? if yes, how can i do this without losing al my passwords?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mcronald: I'm not sure I'd be so hasty. It sounds like Dropbox is syncing data then. Are you able to create an item on the computer and have that sync back to the phone?

That said, if you have a full copy of all of your data on one of those devices, it may not be a bad idea to start over and sync that everywhere so Dropbox has a known-good starting point across all devices. Which device has all of the correct data right now?

• mcronald
    mcronald
    Community Member

I have done again 2 test.
    I created 1 item on my pc, it synct perfectly with my iphone
    I created 1 other item on my iphone and this perfectly synct with my pc
    At this point my iphone vault is the correct one, but it is weird, because that vault is staying in a dropbox folder, which is also used by my iphone which does presents the passwords only 1 time like it should

• mcronald
    mcronald
    Community Member

I solved the problem.
    I have deleted the vaults in my dropbox folder.
    Then synct the default vault from iphone to dropbox. now it is fixed.
    Thanks for the advise.

• That's great, thanks for letting us know. On behalf of the team here, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.