Firefox 57 Locked Vault + Macbook Pro Touch ID Loses Focus

Options
blimmer
blimmer
Community Member

On Firefox 57.0.1, when my vault is locked and the Touch ID window comes up, it immediately loses focus to the 1password mini popup. This requires me to click on the Touch ID window again to unlock my account. It's a bit annoying to have to refocus the correct thing every time my vault is locked.

Here's a quick screencast to show the issue. I click in the Facebook login page, use the CMD + \ shortcut to open up the 1password window, and you'll see the Touch ID window open up, focused, but immediately lose focus to the 1password mini window behind it.

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Mac OS 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blimmer: Thanks for reporting this! I'll see if someone here can reproduce it as well. I suspect with some of the changes we're working on it may become a thing of the past anyway, but I appreciate you bringing it up! :)

• emptyflask
    emptyflask
    Community Member
    Options

I have this exact problem with Chrome on MacOS as well.
    If I'm focused on another app, like Finder, the password entry dialog only appears if I cancel the touch ID request, as expected.

Because of this, I suspect that this is a bug in the browser extension (I'm using the 4.7.0.1 beta).

MacOS 10.12.6
    Chrome 63.0.3239.84
    1Password 6.8.5
    Extension 4.7.0.1.beta

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

The 1Password extension itself doesn't have any interaction with Touch ID so this sounds like an issue with our Mac app. As such, I've moved this to the Mac forum. I haven't seen this behavior myself, but I use my iMac much more than my MacBook Pro, so perhaps I just haven't bumped into it.

• blimmer
    blimmer
    Community Member
    Options

This is still happening - any luck reproducing this?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blimmer - not so far. As brenty alluded to back in December, however, some of the upcoming changes in 1Password 7 may render this irrelevant, so stay tuned. If we can reproduce this, we'll look into it. And if not, we'll be eager to hear after 1Password 7 is released, whether it's still an issue for you.

• zerocooljs
    zerocooljs
    Community Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi I'm on the 1Password 7 Beta and was having the same issue using Chrome, but update the extension the 4.7.1.3 version and works perfectly

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know that helped you. Have a great weekend! :)

• blimmer
    blimmer
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars @brenty I still have the same problem with the 1password 7 beta.

Firefox 60.0.0.1
    1Pass extension 4.7.1.90
    1Pass 7.0 (700000019)

Here's another video. This really disrupts my workflow, it'd be great if you could look into it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v7vm93ezuqyw63/firefoxproblem.mp4?dl=0

• blimmer
    blimmer
    Community Member
    Options

You know, now that I think about it, I think I understand what might be the problem.

It seems to happen when I have both of my profiles (work + home) open. Since Firefox doesn't support opening different windows in different profiles, it launches two different processes. The workflow for that is:

1. type about:profiles in the url bar
    2. open a different profile in a new window

Only when I have both processes running do I see the problem in the video above.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yep, that's it! It's just not something we have control over I suppose it's possible that Firefox could change the way the profiles are handled in this regard but I'm not sure I'd count on it.

This discussion has been closed.