Access 1Password on Windows side while running Parallels on a host Mac

Options

I'm currently using 1Password for Mac (Version 6.8.4) as an annual subscriber. I've recently installed Parallels with Windows 10 so that I can use a Windows program on my Mac. Is it possible to access 1Password on the Windows side without having to toggle back to the Mac desktop?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.1
Sync Type: ICloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mab4711: Hmm. I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're trying to do, but I just install 1Password for Windows in my Windows VMs and call it a day. When setting up a new one though, I do find it handy to open 1Password mini (Mac) using ⌘ ⌥ \ on top of the VM to copy and paste some info before I have 1Password setup in Windows (or Linux). Let me know if that helps! :)

• mab4711
    mab4711
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Brenty! Yes, that did help. Somehow I had installed 1Password 4 for Windows and it was asking for backup information which I didn't have. I'm now up and running on 1Password 6 for Windows. I wonder if there's a comparable 1Password mini as part of the Windows program.

• @mab4711: Mini on Windows is available in your browser, of course, and can also be accessed from the 1Pasword icon in your system tray. By default, the icon is in the collapsed area accessed by clicking the arrow down by your clock, but you can drag it out to your toolbar so that it's always visible. Mini on Mac uses some feature of macOS to provide those nifty menus you see so mini on Windows is a bit different. You'll find the categories by clicking the icons in the sidebar and, like Mac, you can search for items using the search bar in mini. Of course, if you have questions as you get to know 1Password for Windows, we're happy to lend a hand. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.