1Password not taking me to Amazon.com in either browser.

Options

I just changed my password in amazon.com. If I copy and paste the 1Password-generated password into that site, I am admitted, either with Safari or Chrome. But, if I go to Logins with the mini feature, I don't get taken to amazon.com with either. So, it seems that I have the right password, but 1Password does not take me right to the site, if I click on "amazon.com". If I click on the panel that comes up and copy the password and paste it in amazon.com, I get in. I am on a MacBook Pro (mid-2014), with OS 10.12.6, using a 27" display.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• pefupartner
    pefupartner
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know how to find the extension version number.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pefupartner: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It appears that the version of 1Password you have is out of date, and please tell me the browser and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action. You can find the versions following this guide:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, is the browser already open when you try this? If so, which website is it on when you try opening a login using 1Password? Thanks in advance! :)

• pefupartner
    pefupartner
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 6
    Version 6.8.1 (681006)
    AgileBits Store

Extension: 4.6.12

Steps (as well as I can remember, after trying to get it right a few times):

1. I had never properly used 1Password, so I was trying to get into it.
    2. The browser is always open when I try to use 1Password.
    3. I followed the instructions from 1Password Help section to change the password ("PW") for Amazon, as my first step in getting the process correctly working.
    4. I changed the PW in Amazon, using the instructions from the 1Password, and managed to do it after a few false starts. I tried connecting using mini. I then tried other sites with old PWs; sometimes I would be taken to the site, but I had to press "Sign In" or its equivalent. Other times I wouldn't even be taken to the site.
    5. If I copy and paste the old PW for whatever site, mostly I would be logged in.
    6. I also have multiple entries for some of the sites.

Not sure what else to add.

Peter

• Thanks for taking the time to share those details and steps, @pefupartner! As brenty mentioned, the version of 1Password that you're currently using is outdated. Can you try updating to the latest version of 1Password?

1. Open 1Password.
    2. In your Mac's menu bar, select 1Password 6 > Check for updates.
    3. Update 1Password if an update is available.
    4. Restart your Mac.

Once you've successfully updated 1Password, can you try the same steps that you previously shared with us? Are you still experiencing the same issue?

If 1Password is still having trouble opening the correct website, can you try having 1Password open and fill your Login item through 1Password for Mac?

1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Find your Amazon Login item and double-click it.

Did 1Password open amazon.com and fill your Login details after following those steps?

This discussion has been closed.