Password filling for domain .local

Options

Hey guys,

at work we have use the .local DNS to access local web services. Usually the hosts are further distinguished by the backing authentication server, so you would use the same password for server1.company.local and server2.company.local, and another password for server1.test.local

In theory the subdomain matching of 1password should already be able to fill the password as mentioned above, but in practice I get no suggestions. I'm assuming this is because local is not on the public suffix TLD list (https://publicsuffix.org/).

Of course I could add an entry for every server, but then I'd need to update every entry if the password changes.
Is there another workaround?
As .local seems to be widely used, would it be reasonable to add this entry to your suffix list?

Thanks for this awesome tool and thanks in advance for answering.
Have a nice day!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @jko: The Windows app does have some quirks right now that keep matching with subdomains from working quite as we want it to, so some additional detail about when you are and aren't seeing matches would be super helpful in seeing if this is something different from what we've seen before or another instance where better subdomain matching is the answer. Could you give some anonymized examples of situations where you do and don't see matches displayed? Do any of your .local sites show a match at all? Also, you you happen to have anyone accessing these sites using 1Password for Mac or have access to a Mac yourself? A quick test to see if Mac's matching works better here could give us a speedy answer. Thanks! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.