Form filling not working

Options
burn123
burn123
Community Member
edited December 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Form filling has stopped working for me, as of a couple weeks ago.

I am using Firefox Quantum, not sure if that matters.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Local OPVault

Comments

• @burn123: Firefox Quantum actually may be relevant here as this is the point at which the extension must be using Native Messaging to talk to the main app. Two things to check that commonly get in the way here:

1. Make sure Use Native Messaging protocol is checked in Help > Advanced in 1Password 4.
    2. Make sure your extension is up-to-date. When Firefox Quantum was released, we found that some folks were seeing outdated extensions hidden rather than having Firefox offer to update them when updates were available, so type about:addons into your address bar. Find the 1Password extension and make sure it's at least version 4.6.12.90. If not, uninstall the extension and reinstall using the Big Green Button here.

Once you're sure Native Messaging is enabled and the extension is updated, restart Firefox and give it another try. Let us know if you're still having trouble. :chuffed:

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

I am using both native messaging and extension version 4.6.12.90

• @burn123: Well, boo. Could you share a bit more about the exact symptoms here? Is the extension icon visible in your browser toolbar? Is it greyed out? Are you filling using the keyboard shortcut or via mini accessed from the extension icon? It sounds like filling is failing universally, but just in case, is filling failing entirely or are you able to fill after multiple tries? We may need to move this to e-mail and take a peek at some diagnostics, but this extra detail will help me determine if there's anything else we can try first. Thanks! :chuffed:

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

The extension icon is visible and allows me to click on it. I've tried using right click menu and extension directly, using the keyboard shortcut usually just tries to fill my username and password somewhere, and it doesn't work after several tries.

• @burn123: This sounds like a known issue with 4.6.2.626, but I see you're using 625 which is curious. Let's go ahead and take a look at some diagnostics. I suspect this may be a bit more involved than what we'll be able to resolve thoroughly through the forum. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from the problem PC:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#USM-77465-177]

This will ensure your diagnostics come to me and help me connect the dots to this discussion. We'll take a peek and get back to you with next steps via e-mail. Thanks! :chuffed:

This support ID is for burn123. If you're not burn123 and need help, let us know and we'll create a different one for you.

This discussion has been closed.