When can we expect an update on the Windows Version?

Options

Hello guys,

How's the development of the 1Password App for Windows going? It's been a long time since you released 6.7.457 and it clearly needs some love. Especially the 1Password mini, with repeated icons (that close once you move the mouse pointer on top of them), slow, buggy, etc...
Also the Firefox extension is painfully slow, with many web pages not being able to locate correctly the login fields so I have to do it manually.

Don't get me wrong, I love OnePassword, I've been using since the beginning, in iOS, Mac, Windows, (purchasing full licenses for all OS) and I have just recently jumped to the subscription channel, and since I love you guys so much, here are some requests :)

Thanks for reading!

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 64bit 1709
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• bundtkate
    edited December 2017
    Options

@catalonia: We've been hunkered down working on 1Password 7 recently, so we haven't been pushing too many stable updates of late, but a lot is going on in the latest beta, if you want to check it out. :+1:

As for mini specifically, there is an issue with Firefox itself where it seems to be killing 1Password when you quit Firefox if it's what opened the main app. This, along with a Windows issue that doesn't dismiss stale icons, is what leads to that icon spam. In your case, though, I think this may not be the exact source of your issues and is at the least only part of the story. I think the main app would need to be quitting while Firefox is open to lead to the behavior you're experiencing.

This may be a deeper issue, but let's start with the easy stuff. Do you have 1Password set to start when you sign in to Windows? This setting is in Settings > Options > General. If you don't have that setting enabled, try closing all of your web browsers, launching the main app, then re-launching Firefox. See if mini behaves better with the app open from the get go and let me know what you find out. :chuffed:

• catalonia
    catalonia
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @bundtkate

Is good to know that all efforts are spent on 1Password 7, (hoping is not too many months away from release). For now I'll stick with the current stable build of 1Password 6.x. I did upgrade the Firefox extension to the latest Beta, and for now I feel almost no difference at all.

About the 1Password Icon, I had the 1Password App set not to auto run on Windows 10 Startup (in order to save some ram) but I have just changed it to auto run, and will post here if I keep having so many 1Password icons in the status bar.

Thank you again, and please, release 1Password 7 soon! :)

Regards from Barcelona

• @catalonia: Ooh Barcelona! I had the pleasure of spending a weekend there once and loved it! Such a beautiful place. :love:

Do let me know whether auto-start helps. If Firefox is launching the app for you, that will definitely cause some struggles at present so I do hope having the app running to start will net some improvement. Don't write it off if you're still having trouble though! It should be working better and we don't want you suffering silently when we can fix it. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.