Extension and mini-viewer don't show all logins (Double-check the "Never show in browser settings")

Options
rudiklein
rudiklein
Community Member
edited December 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi guys,

I have seen this issue in the forum, but I don't see a solution that fits my problem (I think).

If I search or scroll through the mini-viewer or the extension, I miss some of the login entries.

I have already troubleshooted the issue and here are the details (in no particular order):

• I run Windows 10 (Windows 10 Enterprise N 1709, build: 16299.64)
  • I run the latest version of the extensions (4.6.12.90)
  • I run the latest version of 1Password (6.7.457)
  • It is a family account with 5 users.
  • It has 4 vaults (not inculding the private vaults)
  • It fails in the Chrome extension and the Edge extension
  • It fails in the mini-viewer.
  • It fails on multiple PC's
  • It works on iPhone and Android
  • It works in the 1Password desktop app
  • It works in the 1Password account
  • New entries seem to visible after creation
  • No idea why some of the entries don't show; there seems to no logic to it.
  • I have removed and re-installed the extensions.
  • Moving an entry to another vault doesn't help
  • Copying an entry to another vault doesn't help
  • Duplicating an entry doesn't help

I'm lost.....

However, looking at all the information I guess the problem lies in the individual entries. Comparing similar entries didn't give me enough details to see the differences.

I don't want to post the diagnostics here because I don't know if that constitutes a security issue.

To end with a positive remark: I love 1Password already, 1 week after me and my family started using it and I assume that above issue is a minor glitch that will be solved.

Hope to here from you guys.

Rudi

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise N 1709, build: 16299.64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @rudiklein and welcome to the forum! Thanks so much for the detail in your post as that always helps a ton in tracking down the issue and we really appreciate it. :chuffed:

One quick thing to rule out here: make sure you're viewing All Vaults and All Items in the extension. On Windows, 1Password will display entries from the vault or account you have selected in the main app, so if you were looking at the Shared vault in the main app, then swap to your browser, you may feel like you're missing a few things if those items live in, say, your Personal vault. Similarly, if you access mini from the extension icon on a website, you'll only see matching Login items unless you search or click the All Items icon.

If the extension is displaying All Vaults, you should see that circle of colorful dots near the upper left-hand corner of mini. If you see something different, click that first icon on the left-hand sidebar and select All Vaults. If you're doing this in your browser, next click the next icon down to show All Items. Let us know if you can see those missing items afterwards. Thanks! :chuffed:

• rudiklein
    rudiklein
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @bundtkate,

I thought I had all bases covered :-). Here goes!

• The main app is logged into my account.
    • I'm the Family Organizer.
    • I have access to all vaults.
    • I have selected all vaults
    • I have selected all entries
    • The extension mini viewer and the mini viewer from the taskbasr (I assume they are the same applet) show the same data.
    • The main app and the 1klein.1password.com account show the same data.

It could very well be that I'm doing something wrong, but I can't figure it out.
    I can resolve the issue by deleting the missing entries and re-enter them again, but that's not a satisfying solution.

I have made some screenshots. The entries with the red squirl are the ones to look at.

Main app snippet

Mini view snippet

Bye,

Rudi

• @rudiklein: You covered a lot of bases, I think you can be forgiven for missing a few. :wink: Focusing on those squirrel items a moment, for those that aren't displaying in mini, could you check one more quick base for me:

1. Find the missing items in the main app.
    2. Edit them.
    3. Scroll down and see if Never display in browser is checked for any of them.

If you find that option checked for any items, uncheck it and try the search again to see if they pop up. Mini in your browser and mini in your task bar are, indeed, the same, so you can use either for testing here. Of course, if that option isn't checked for any of these, let us know. :chuffed:

• rudiklein
    rudiklein
    Community Member
    Options

:blush: .....yes....these entries were set to Never display in browser. I guess I tried some options when I was getting acquainted with 1Password and totally forgot about it. Problem solved, case closed and I will be hiding under a blanket for a while. :chuffed:

Thanks for your help!

Rudi

• :) On behalf of Kate, you're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.