purchase question and cannot log into it

hello, is there a yearly purchase? i purchased mine before and now it is not giving me the option? i paid $9.99 in 2016 and was in full control and now have nothing

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

Welcome to the forum, @bryan_b! Since you mention $9.99, I assume you're talking about having purchased the Pro features of either 1Password for iOS or 1Password for Android, is that right? If so, that purchase doesn't expire. If you're on a new device, you should be able to download 1Password for free from either the App Store or Google Play and then restore your purchase, in either iOS or Android.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you were "in full control and now have nothing" -- did you lose access to your data? What platform were you using 1Password on, and what version of 1Password and of iOS or Android?

• hello, yes i had it on my old cell phone (android) that was stolen. i have redownloaded it on my new cell phone (android) and do not have the sufficient information it is asking for.

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@bryan_b - Did you make any backups of your 1Password data, or were you syncing your data via Dropbox? If not - if your previous Android phone that was stolen was the only place your data existed - then I'm afraid your data will be unrecoverable. However, your previous purchase of 1Password for Android Pro features is still valid, and recoverable.

However, you'll need an existing vault in Dropbox you can sync with (created on another device, like a desktop Mac or PC), or you'll need to sign up for a 1password.com account. If you've already got an Agile Keychain or OPVault in Dropbox, then you can sync to that by following the setup instructions. If not, there is indeed a yearly subscription option - an individual 1Password account is only $2.99/month if paid annually ($35.88/yr). You can visit the main 1Password sign-up page to create your account and then follow these instructions to get set up on your Android device.

• i understand i have lost my information, but i do not understand why i have to pay more when i have already purchased the pro?

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member
    edited December 2017

@bryan_b - you don't have to subscribe to a 1password.com account if you don't want to; your Pro features purchase should still be available to you. But 1Password for Android currently does not allow creation of a new vault. That means if you don't want a 1Password account, you'll need to sync an already-existing vault from Dropbox. Can I ask: when you set 1Password for Android up previously, how did you get your data into 1Password? Did you sync from a Dropbox vault?

• no i actually entered one at a time when i did it. one log in at a time and what not. So i would just like it unlocked so i can use it again and start to enter my information once again

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@bryan_b It sounds like you began using 1Password for Android when we were still using the older Agile Keychain format. Sometime late last year we switched from that to the newer and more robust OPVault format of keychain. However, one of the changes is that you're no longer able to create a vault when you first launch 1Password for Android, like you were when we used the Agile Keychain format.

However, all is not lost! You can still sync via Dropbox a vault that was created on another device. Do you have a desktop Mac or PC available to you?

• oh boy, yes I do. I have a MAC in front of me right now. What can I do

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@bryan_b: If you sync'd your 1Password data and stored it in Dropbox, you can sync it back from there again. When setting up the 1Password app, just choose the Dropbox option and select your existing OPVault or AgileKeychain vault there. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• hello i currently do not have a dropbox set up with my 1password. i would like to and then have my account opened up so i can reuse it like i had it in the past. how can i accomplish this for it to happen?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@bryan_b: Dropbox isn't used with 1Password.com memberships like Lars mentioned above; there is no sync setup with that, you just sign into your account on each device to access your data. You can sign up here, and that includes everything:

1Password.com

• LarsLars Junior Member

Team Member

@bryan_b -- to clarify, what you'll need to do is download 1Password for Mac from our downloads page. Install it, and also make sure you have Dropbox installed on that same Mac. When you run 1Password for the first time, at the Welcome screen, click "More Options" and choose to create a standalone vault, as shown here: https://d.pr/i/aawxj8.

Once you've done that, follow these instructions to sync this vault with Dropbox. It doesn't have to contain anything (yet); we're just creating it so it can be synced via Dropbox, so you can get it onto your Android phone. Once it's completed a sync with Dropbox, you can switch back to your Android phone, and use these instructions to sync that vault from Dropbox to your Android device.

Once you've done that, you can safely delete 1Password from your Mac; it has a 30-day trial, so you won't be charged anything. Let us know how you get on!

• ok so by doing this will it unlock my account?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@bryan_b: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that you do not want to use a 1Password.com account. The only way to unlock that is to have an active membership. Otherwise you will need to use 1Password without an account, as Lars outlined above, if you'd rather continue using 1Password the way you were previously.

• no sir i would like to continue using it. But my previous phone is gone. And i understand my information is lost but i did pay for my account and would like to continue using it as that is what i paid for as far as i know.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited December 2017

@bryan_b,

You have not paid for a 1Password.com account at this point. If you’d like to do so please see this guide:

How to manage your 1Password subscription

If you do not want to pay for a 1Password.com account, then please see the instructions Lars provided above.

Thanks.

Ben

• so i do not understand what i did pay for and how i WAS using it without some subscription. I am just looking to use it as i was for a passwords/login keeper. And i did for a while. I am very confused

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@bryan_b,

Do you have your receipt from Apple?

I suspect you purchased the standalone 1Password app, which you can get back to using by following the instructions Lars posted.

Ben

• No to be honest, and i have an android not an apple.
    I am attempting to re-establish my 1password on my phone but it still says account Frozen.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

That is because you’re still signed into a 1Password.com account which you do not have a subscription for. Please follow the instructions here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

Thanks.

Ben

• Ok thank you Ben, i have completed all the steps as per your last post. How long will it take to unfreeze my account?

• rudyrudy

Team Member

@bryan_b,

Did you do step 3? That should have removed the frozen account from your configuration. In standalone mode you operate without an account, your data exists only on your computer and any sync services you decide to use.

Rudy

• yessir I did. and it is still frozen........

• saadsaad

Team Member

@bryan_b thanks for following those instructions. To help us better understand your 1Password configuration on your Mac, I would like to request a 1Password diagnostic report. Please create a 1Password diagnostic report on your Mac by following these instructions:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox! You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics, we'll be able to assist you better. Thanks very much!

• here is my support ID is [#KAM-78658-243] please help

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@bryan_b: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: KAM-78658-243

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file