1password extension no longer working in Chrome

Options

I am having trouble with the 1password extension in Chrome. I received a message from Chrome that my version of the extension would no longer work so I installed the latest version of the extension and it won't work either. It says it can't connect to the the 1password helper. I already tried restarting my computer and reinstalling the extension. I also restarted the 1password helper. Please help me figure out why the extension doesn't work in Chrome.

1Password Version: 1.0.9.342
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @kdoggett: You'll need to upgrade to at least 1Password 4 for the latest version of the extension to work and it looks like you're still on 1Password 1 (thanks for sticking with us for so long!) which wont work with the latest extension.

Before we move any farther, though, did you uninstall the old extension? If you haven't uninstalled the old extension yet, don't. The old 1Password extension had its own database and needs to sync with the main app. Before uninstalling it, you'll want to make sure that the extension has sycned with the main app. The easiest way to confirm it's syncing is to create a new item using the old extension in your browser and check if that syncs to the main app. :+1:

If you have already uninstalled the extension, then any unsycned data (hopefully none) will already be lost, so in that case just let us know and we can talk about upgrade options.

• kdoggett
    kdoggett
    Community Member
    Options

I have already uninstalled the old extension. How can I tell what version of 1Password I have?

• @kdoggett: In the initial information you had given us, you indicated you had 1Password 1. To double check though, you can choose Help > About 1Password and this will display your version. If you do have 1Password 1, go ahead and send us an e-mail from the address you used to purchase 1Password before to support@1password.com and include a link to this thread in the body of the e-mail. You can also post the support ID you receive from our handy BitBot assistant here to help us track down your e-mail. This will allow us to look up your license information so we can make sure we're giving you proper advice on upgrade options. Thanks! :chuffed:

• kdoggett
    kdoggett
    Community Member
    Options

I just emailed the link to this conversation to support@1password.com and received this support ID: #XXW-79862-667

I also sent an email to support@1password.com a couple of days ago and received an auto-reply with this support ID: #XIA-78889-969

I am using 1password 1.

• AG_Alles
    AG_Alles
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @kdoggett,

Thanks for sending that in. We've received your email and you'll soon hear from one of our team.

ref: XIA-78889-969

This discussion has been closed.