autofill on android

ap89
ap89
Community Member

hi, i have enabled the autofilling option on my mate 10 pro with android 8 but it is useless so far. every time i have to log in somewhere, the bar suggesting me to use 1password appears, but then after i scan my fingerprint, the app tells me that it didn't find any match, although the site is already registered. basically it needs to record a specific link for every app.

so, would i have to register again all my entries again (and in doing so, it removes the website url that i had previously registered) with the app link (which i won't do), or is there a way to do this thing automatically and make the app detect the proper match?

thanks

1Password Version: 6.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: android 8
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Hi @ap89. Thanks for reaching out!

You don't need to save a new Login with Autofill for it to record the app specific link. The link will be created both when you save a Login with Autofill, and when you fill the first time. That said, we've added a search function in beta, so you can search for the right Login to fill if none are found. Feel free to install the beta and give it a try if you like. Otherwise, just sit tight and we should have it out in a stable release very soon!

• ap89
    ap89
    Community Member

I receive an error when I try to install the beta. Anyway, is it going to be available for other browsers like "brave" as well?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I receive an error when I try to install the beta.

@ap89: What's the error?

Anyway, is it going to be available for other browsers like "brave" as well?

That isn't something we have control over. Individual apps need to support Google's Autofill APIs in Android 8, OpenYOLO, or accessibility. But if they don't, you should still be able to use the 1Password Keyboard. Cheers! :)

• ap89
    ap89
    Community Member

@brenty no idea, when I open that beta link on chrome and press the install button this is what I get

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ap89: Ah! It appears that you're trying to install the 1Password browser extension for the desktop app. That won't work on Android. if you'd like to join the 1Password for Android beta, you can find information on that here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/76178/welcome-to-1password-for-android-beta#latest

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.