Options
fiveangle
fiveangle
Community Member
edited December 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

1Password 4 - 4.6.2.626

Vault sync via Dropbox

Official Google Chrome: Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• 4.6.12.90 - works
  • 4.7.0.1 - works

Comodo Dragon: Version 60.0.3112.114

• 4.6.12.90 - does not work
  • 4.7.0.1 - does not work

Click 1Password extension control widget in menubar and water-drop effect occurs, but no drop-down menu is drawn.

It's been like this since installation (never worked on Comodo Dragon on this newly purchased Windows 10 Pro system). Same components (both beta and release) work fine on both official Chrome and Comodo Dragon when on Windows 7.

Thanks,

-=dave

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90, 4.7.0.1
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @fiveangle: Comodo Dragon isn't an officially supported browser, so it isn't something that we test with when making changes. I know it's Chromium-based and that does mean it has a better chance of working, but there will always be a risk that changes (either on our side or Comodo's) will break compatibility. When you first open Comodo Dragon, are you seeing an error message or any sort? I suspect 1Password is refusing the connection from Comodo Dragon because it doesn't recognize the browser's code signature. With 1Password 4, you can disable code signature verification, but this is not something that we recommend as it bypasses a key security feature of 1Password -- ensuring the browser you're connecting to is what it claims to be.

Rather than disabling this out of the gate, I'd look for differences in settings on your Windows 7 PC vs. the new one. Specifically, check Help > Advanced and see what options are checked on each computer and check your Security settings by clicking Preferences and selecting Security. I suspect you'll find some differences in one of these sections is the cause of the differing behavior.

• fiveangle
    fiveangle
    Community Member
    Options

Is there any supported Chromium-based browser that works with the expected Google Chrome ecosystem besides the official Google Chrome browser ? Chrome official on my system is used specifically for quick testing/dev work and I cannot use for personal, but desire to have extensions, apps (until they kill then all next year), etc.

To answer your question, there is no error at launch.
    There appears to be no method to disable code verification either or at least I was unable to find it to determine if that is the cause: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/79547/disable-browser-code-signature-verification-not-supported-in-1password-6

-=dave

• @fiveangle: Opera and Vivaldi are two Chromium-based browsers I know work. I personally prefer Vivaldi out of the two, but I know fans of both. Brave is also Chromium-based and comes with the 1Password extension, but they have to update it on their end due to the way they've chosen to handle extensions and I don't use it often enough to accurately speak to how quickly they update. I just update it now and they're a fair number of versions back, so it's looking like they're not 100% on the ball there. If any of these work for you, that's the better bet in my opinion. I'm quite careful about what I install on my PC, but I'm under no illusions I'm immune to mistakes and I appreciate that 1Password has my back and won't connect to untrusted browsers.

That said, the option to disable code signature verification is present in 1Password 4 for Windows, but not in 1Password 6 as noted in that thread you included. In 1Password 4, that setting is found in Help > Advanced (the app must be unlocked to disable it). It's an option if you're set on sticking with Comodo Dragon and don't otherwise see any differences in settings on your Windows 7 machine, but again, we don't recommend it and I'd certainly encourage choosing an alternative browser if you're open to it. :+1:

This discussion has been closed.