Firefox extension on Linux

Hi,
I have just registered for 1password, and I have it working on my phone, iOS, but not on the browser on my laptop. I have tried using Opera and Firefox. I realise that support for 1password on Linux is not available right now, but I was under the impression that I could still use it as a browser extension. In Opera I have to right click the toolbar button and select 1password, then it looks for the 1password helper, and then states that it couldn't connect. In Firefox I cannot access it at all. The button is gray and won't respond to clicking or to right-clicking and selecting 1password. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling on both browsers and I get the same result.
Is this because I am using Linux? Do I need to do something about proxy or firewall settings? I saw that there are instructions on doing this for Safari, but not for the browsers I am using.
Let me know if you need more information.
Thanks for your support.
Dylan

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Linux Mint "Sonya" 18.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:firefox linux

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Right now, we do not have an extension for Firefox on Linux. We do have 1Password X for Chrome. This should work in Vivaldi or any other browser that can install extensions from the Chrome store.

I hope that helps!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• Dylan_Oscar
    Dylan_Oscar
    Community Member

Thanks for letting me know. Is there a plan to make an extension for Firefox on Linux at some point?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dylan_Oscar: I wouldn't call it a "plan" at this point, but it's something that we'd like to do down the road once we've got some more features we want in 1Password X. :)

• Dylan_Oscar
    Dylan_Oscar
    Community Member

Great to know. I'll be very eager to know when that happens. I don't want to use chrome, so obviously I am hesitating about getting a paid account right now, as it will only work with my iPhone, however the program looks excellent, so I hope I can use it on Linux in the future. Thanks for your help. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dylan_Oscar: I suspect we'll have a semi/public beta in that case. Definitely keep an eye on the forum from time to time. We love getting feedback from you folks!

1Password X beta

• Dylan_Oscar
    Dylan_Oscar
    Community Member

Sounds great. I'll definitely keep an eye out. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.