1Password 6.7.457 crashes on start on windows 7

Options

Hi,
yesterday I installed 1Password 6 for windows (file 1PasswordSetup-6.7.457) and latest .NET framework 4.7.1.
But I am not able to start application, it crashes on start.
Also I tried to install .NET with version 4.6.2, but result is the same.

How I can solve this issue?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @kma617: Could you share some more detail about the crash? Are you getting an error message from 1Password itself or just the generic "1Password has stopped working" from Windows? We'll likely need to look at some logs to find the source of the crash, but this will help us know what, exactly, we need to grab from you. Thanks! :chuffed:

• kma617
    kma617
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I will be glad to provide information.
    It crashs with generic message "1Password has stopped working"

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @kma617,

It sounds like 1Password might be crashing on your computer due to an external factor. Can you do the following to send us some additional info:

1) Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it.
    2) On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events
    3) Reproduce the issue with 1Password
    4) Go back to the Event Viewer, right-click on the list to refresh. You should see errors from the source .NET Runtime. Right-click on the error to select Copy > Copy Details as text.
    5) Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email, send that email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Please let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email. I would also like to ask you not to post this report here, as it is a public forum.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• kma617
    kma617
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg!
    I have sent required information to you.
    Will wait for future instructions, hope problem will be solved before my trial version expired)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kma617: Found it!

We will take a closer look at get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks again! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: ACJ-52838-445

This discussion has been closed.