1Password 6.8.485 Beta is now available

Hi guys,

We got a few bug-fix updates for you today as we're getting closer to the 1Password 6.8 stable update.

[FIXED] 1Password would incorrectly show a banner each time it goes offline to verify your proxy settings. It'll now check to make sure network is actually online before showing the banner. {OPW-1705}
[FIXED] Clicking on a banner within 1Password mini may show a 1Password window that's mostly translucent with only the Settings view shown. {OPW-1705}

[FIXED] (Regression) Share button on the item list didn't work. {OPW-1703}
[FIXED] A crash with the proxy logs. {Submitted crash report: 199442959}

[FIXED] Updating very old items in 1Password may cause 1Password for Mac to crash. {OPW-1698}
[FIXED] Fixed a crasher that occurs when closing 1Password quickly while 1Password was in the middle of focusing a field. {Submitted crash report, #199283056}
[FIXED] Fixed a few crashes related to the new proxy configuration and its logs. {Submitted crash reports: 199342110, 199313758, 199315087, 199417508}
[FIXED] (Regression) Double-click on the item list in 1Password didn't perform Go and Fill. {OPW-1700} Big thanks to @pawo for reporting the issue
[FIXED] More wording and design improvements for upcoming features. {OPW-1636, OPW-1685, OPW-1565}

Comments

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

FYI. I had 6.8.482 installed. It got stuck in a loop of never updating. The window just kept flashing up and it would never update. I ended up having to manually download and install 6.8.484

• Hi @Spaldo,

Thanks for reporting that. Sadly, we haven't found an solution that'd work with the current Inno Setup installer we're using.

Can you please check to see if there are any logs from 482 updates, here's how to find it: open Windows File Explorer and enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\logs\setup.

If yes, can you see if there are any errors within them and if so, let us know what it says or send them to us at support+windows@agilebits.com with the link to this thread and your forum username.

Thanks!

• Spaldo
    Spaldo
    Community Member

Hi,

There is no errors I can really see. The only line that is somewhat unusual is this one:

2017-12-15 08:09:29.964 RestartManager found an application using one of our files: 1Password.NativeMessagingHost

• numpty
    numpty
    Community Member

Hi,

I had the same update loop happen too. Three logs all have the same same message as Spaldo.
    Running the update after closing all browsers fixed the issue.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, yep. 1Password's Native Messaging Host can't be updated while running, and it will be running if there's a browser connected. We'll see if we can force it, but the browser's have some say in the matter too. Thanks for the feedback!

• Hi guys,

That log means one of the browsers was running and kept launching the NativeMessagingHost process. Normally, we send a message to 1Password extension to not launch again for 10-20 seconds while we replace the file. There isn't a reasonable solution to force this beside asking users to shut down browsers as well.

We're aiming to replace our installer in the near future.

• danmoov2
    danmoov2
    Community Member

@MikeT are you aware the last 2 updates have ditched security audit? Was very much enjoying that.

• Wiggerl
    Wiggerl
    Community Member

How Long does it take to get „Auto Type“ back For the 1Password6 ?? In my opinion it would be the „only urgent missing Feature“ we Soon want

• MikeT
    edited December 2017

Hi guys,

@danmoov2,

Yes, it is one of the features that weren't ready in time as mentioned in the 6.8.482 update. It will be back in the next beta series along with Custom Icons, Document Image Previews, and a few other features we wanted to include that we haven't revealed yet. We had to do a lot of polishing and these features required a bit more time.

Just to be clear, Watchtower is still there in the Security tab, it is the rest of the Security Audit features that won't be available in time for 6.8.

@Wiggerl,

We don't have a timeframe on Auto-Type, we still have a lot of work ahead of us before we could implement that such as standalone vaults that we've promised would be coming soon in 1Password 7.

• yoavst
    yoavst
    Community Member

Hi I have the following bug: every ~10 minutes I have a 1password popup window for 0.5 seconds and it disappears. It takes focus from the current window and gets me mad >_< . Is it a known bug?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yoavst: I'm not even sure what you're referring to. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• yoavst
    yoavst
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

@brenty, I can't really provide a screenshot since it is too fast. But I'll try to explain better.
    I'm on windows 10, fall creator update (but also happened before the update). Using 1password desktop app with Chrome & Firefox addons.
    Every once in a while a 1password desktop window is shown (taking the focus from the current window and i can see 1password in the task bar for a 1 second) for less than a second and then disappears.
    Afterwards, on the notification bar I can see multiple 1password icons. When I hover on every one of them but one, they disappear.
    Tried unlocking 1password, quiting the desktop app, nothing helped. Maybe disabling the browser extension would, but I need it ;)

it happens on betas for the last month, haven't tried opt out of beta though.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yoavst: Sorry, which versions of 1Password, the extension, and browsers are you using? This doesn't sound like 1Password 6.8 (the topic of this discussion) at all.

• yoavst
    yoavst
    Community Member

@brenty, 6.8.485 beta, 4.6.12.90 on firefox.
    It has started to happen with one of the latest beta updates, so I thought here is a good place to ask

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yoavst: It is, thank you! II just wanted to make sure you weren't using something else.

It sounds like what's happening is the browser is killing the 1Password Native Messaging Host. When you see the "popup window", what does it show?

Were you having the same issue with previous betas, or is this new with the latest? Thanks!

• yoavst
    yoavst
    Community Member

@benty: I see 1password statusbar and blank window, and it disappears. Actually I update to the new beta 10 minutes ago and no popups yet.
    But this is how it looks on setting: (browser ext works though)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yoavst: Awesome! That's what I've expect to see there, and it's good to hear that the new beta may have helped. Please let us know if you encounter any further issues!

• HI @yoavst,

Thanks for taking the time to report that to us!

What you're seeing is the symptom of 1Password was crashing in the background. When 1Password extension couldn't find it, it sends a system call to launch it and that is what you saw when it popped up, it was the desktop program being started, it is why the focus was taken.

The same thing with the icons in the notification tray area, when apps are abnormally terminated, its shell remains in there until you hover over them and Windows remove them. This affects any apps, not just 1Password but in this case, it is only 1Password that's crashing.

We do need to figure out why 1Password was crashing for you, so could you help us by sending us your 1Password diagnostics report as it should contain the most recent crashes. Please use this guide to generate the report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• @yoavst is there any chance that these unexpected popups happens around time you close Firefox? Lately Firefox acquired weird habit of killing all processes related to it when user closes browser window. It does so in a way that 1Password can't even run an exit sequence and that taskbar notification area icon stays until you hover mouse over it. We are looking for the ways to fix that, but if you have had 1Password running before Firefox started, it will not be killed. Hope this helps :)

• yoavst
    yoavst
    Community Member

Seems like the latest beta fixed it. 2 hours installed and not a single popup!
    Sent diagnostics to your mail though.

• Hi @yoavst,

We got your email and will reply there. It is not what we expected.

ref: NFP-79672-236

This discussion has been closed.